- fifty two -

TW: mention of suicidal thoughts, self harm/suicide attempt

the day of the funeral had finally come.

yeosang had been anxious all morning, jongho being unable to calm the boy down. it was just too much for him, the realization that this was going to be his last time seeing his mother hitting hard.

"it's time to go, guys..." wooyoung said, poking his head in the door.

"woo... we need a few more minutes..." jongho begged.

wooyoung sighed, beginning to get nervous that they would be late, but nodded anyways.

"five minutes. we don't want to be late, yeah?"

"okay..."

wooyoung left the room and jongho sat back down in front of yeosang on the floor, gently removing his shirt and helping him to put on a black button down.

"i know today's already been really hard, but i'm right here, okay? you just tell me if you need me."

yeosang nodded slowly, trying to keep his hands busy so he wouldn't freak out and start scratching himself.

"alright, bug... i need you to put on your pants, okay? can you do that for me?"

yeosang nodded again, then slowly stood up and took his pants from jongho. he quickly changed, then let tears well up in his eyes as he sat down on the bed. jongho watched the boy carefully as he put the boy's socks and shoes on his feet, then got up and kissed his forehead.

"tie or no tie, love?" he asked.

"i-i— i d-don't know..."

"hmm... i think we should put a tie on, yeah?"

yeosang nodded, then let a few tears slip as jongho tied the tie around his neck loosely.

"there... you look perfect, baby," jongho whispered, cupping yeosang's cheeks.

he carefully wiped the boy's tears, then pressed their lips together and looked back into his eyes.

"you've got this, okay?"

yeosang nodded once more, then took a deep breath and stood up from where he sat.

"ready to go?" san said softly, standing at the door.

"yeah... we are."

the three boys made their way out to where wooyoung was in the car, then he started driving. when they arrived, the four boys made their way inside, jongho and yeosang going with the funeral director to discuss a couple of last minute things while wooyoung and san sat down.

the funeral went smoothly, as did the burial, then yeosang's close family and their friends made their way over to wooyoung's for a mini celebration of life. it was there that yeosang began to feel overwhelmed again, the boy being bombarded by family members giving yeosang their condolences and trying to give him hugs. eventually it all became too much, and he quickly squeezed jongho's hand in the pattern they had come up with to let him know.

jongho quickly excused the two and brought the boy to wooyoung's room, where he quickly handed him a fidget toy and pulled him into his lap.

"take your time with relaxing, yeah? you will have to go back down eventually, though."

yeosang nodded, playing with the toy while jongho gently rubbed his hips.

"you're doing amazing, bub... i'm so proud of you for doing so well today."

yeosang didn't react to this, however he did hear and he was grateful. about half an hour had passed when the two went downstairs again, wooyoung quickly coming over to make sure yeosang was okay. this caused yeosang to tense, but he nodded anyways, just wanting to make wooyoung happy.