- twenty five -

yeosang jolted awake when he realized that jongho was no longer beside him, tears welling up in his eyes. he heard voices coming from the hallway and slowly made his way towards the door, trying to figure out if jongho was still in the house.

"i'm just saying... be careful."

"i'd never hurt him, woo. he means too much to me."

"i get it, you don't want to hurt him, but that doesn't mean you won't. he's becoming dependent on you and if you're not careful, you'll hurt him."

"you don't understand..."

"no, you don't understand."

"wooyoung... do you believe in soulmates?"

"yes, but i don't think you and yeosang are."

"stop lying, wooyoung! i know what you told san about how you noticed there was something special between yeo and i when i was calming him down. you know we're soulmates, don't even try."

"you're going to hurt him. distance yourself, jongho."

yeosang let his tears start to fall and felt it getting harder to breathe, so much that he ran into the hallway and started tugging on jongho's sleeve.

"hey... yeo, shh... i'm here, it's okay..." jongho cooed, pulling the boy into a hug.

yeosang went to grab his phone before realizing it was no longer in his pocket, then grabbed jongho's hand and pulled him back to his room. he picked up his phone quickly and typed something in, sighing as he let the app read out his words.

i thought you left and i heard voices so i accidentally eavesdropped on your conversation, i'm sorry.

"no.. don't be sorry, yeo. i'm sorry that you had to hear that... i got up to go to the bathroom and wooyoung stopped me on my way back."

please don't listen to him, jjong... i know you'd never intentionally hurt me. we are soulmates, and the important thing is that we both think so. don't distance yourself, please... you're what's getting me through all of this.

"i'd never..."

yeosang nodded, taking a shaky breath, then had a realization.

wait... aren't you supposed to be going to classes everyday? you're not in uni yet...

"don't worry about that."

jjong... you can't risk your education for me.

"i'm not, i promise. i've been doing my work, they've just been sending it for me to do virtually. i submitted an accommodation request so that i can do my work from home and still get the credits i need."

okay... i just don't want you to get in trouble.

"i appreciate that, yeo. but yeah, i'm working virtually right now. and i submitted an early graduation request too, so i just have to finish out this semester and then i'm free."

yeosang nodded, sniffling slightly.

"hey... let's get back to sleep, yeah?"

okay... i'll try.

jongho got into bed and opened his arms, allowing the older to lay down beside him and curl into the boy's chest. he left a soft kiss on yeosang's forehead before beginning to rub his back, hoping to get the boy back to sleep.

it didn't take long for yeosang to fall back asleep, leaving jongho wide awake, holding him close.

"i know you're asleep..." jongho whispered. "but i want to make sure you know i'm serious when i say i won't leave you. you're one of the best things that has ever happened to me, yeo. you make me so happy, and i feel like i'm really lucky to have you in my life. um... i know we've only known each other for three months or so... but it really does feel like i've known you forever. and somewhere down the line, i found myself falling in love with you. you're everything to me, yeosang. my entire world."

jongho softly pressed his lips to the top of the fragile boy's head, then gently began to stroke his hair, smiling small.

"you truly are my everything, yeo..." he whispered again. "i mean it."

______
a/n:
we're getting close to the good part y'all