- eighteen -

as the days went by, yeosang and jongho grew closer and closer. they remained anonymous to each other (well... at least yeosang thought so), confiding in one another constantly. jongho felt guilty that he knew yeosang's identity, but he didn't want to cause yeosang to panic or anything.

it had been a couple of weeks since jongho and yeosang had met at wooyoung's, and both boys had been invited to wooyoung's once again. jongho gladly attended, his hopes high. he desperately wanted to see yeosang again, and if he was going to see him anywhere, this was his chance.

"jongho! i'm so glad you made it!" wooyoung exclaimed, smiling as he pulled the younger into a hug. "san will be down shortly, he wanted to change before people got here."

"i don't mind... thank you for having me, woo."

"wait a minute... mingi didn't drive you?"

"um... n-no..."

"jongho..."

"i know, i know... i should've waited, b-but i couldn't."

"i'm not going to ask why, okay? and i won't tell san, i'll let you tell him yourself."

"thank you, hyung..."

"you need to be careful though. i worry about you too, y'know. it's not just sannie."

jongho nodded, smiling small as he sat down.

"i understand... um, who's coming today?"

"the usual suspects. yeosang might come too, he's not sure though. last time was a lot for him, i don't know if he's ready to try again or not."

"ahh... i get it. i hope he does though, he's really nice."

"you two really hit it off, didn't you?" wooyoung teased.

"um... i guess? i wouldn't necessarily say 'hit it off' but... we got along for sure."

"he told me you helped him through an anxiety attack. i bet you didn't know that you're the first person he's willingly let help him."

"i mean... i kind of insisted on helping."

"but the point is, he could've said no. he could've said no and knowing you, you would've respected that and left him alone."

"i still wouldn't say he was willing to let me help though..."

"jongho... he didn't tell me you insisted. he said you helped him. he let you hug him too, right?"

jongho nodded.

"when i help him, he doesn't let me hug him. it's his way of saying he didn't want my help and he wanted to try and handle it on his own. the fact that he let you do that tells me that he was willing to let you help."

"really?"

"yes."

"can i tell you something?"

"of course, jjong."

"does he write letters?"

"how did you—" wooyoung started to ask, his eyes then widening as he realized. "you're his penpal?"

jongho nodded.

"when i met him... he seemed so familiar, and i was pretty sure it was him. it wasn't until we started texting that i was definite though."

"jongho... oh my god..."

"i want to tell him. i want to tell him so bad but i don't want him to freak out or stop talking to me and... i don't know, i just can't lose him."