- fourty two -

a couple of weeks had passed since the boys had dropped wooyoung off at the treatment center, and it was hitting yeosang now more than ever. the boy hadn't spoken a word all day, which worried jongho, especially when the boy didn't want to move from his place either.

jongho was determined to find out what was wrong and help the boy, but he found himself nervous that he would mess up and be of more harm than good.

"baby... hey, wanna tell me what's wrong?"

yeosang shook his head, curling up his body and beginning to chew on his lip.

"no... don't do that, yeo... you're gonna hurt yourself," jongho insisted, sitting down next to the boy and cupping his cheek, gently getting him to let his lips go. "if you don't want to talk, will you at least accept cuddles?"

yeosang nodded, then snuggled into jongho's side as the younger laid down.

"if you feel like talking, remember you can, yeah? this is a safe space. but if you don't, that's okay too... i get that there are just some things you don't want to talk about."

yeosang closed his eyes and squeezed jongho's middle just slightly, thanking him for being so supportive. the two laid in silence for a while, comfortably holding each other, then yeosang started to cry. he tried to hide it at first, but jongho was quick to notice.

"yeo... baby... hey, hey what's wrong? why are you crying?" jongho cooed, stroking the boy's hair as he held him close.

yeosang just shook his head, gripping onto jongho tightly.

"hey... i know i said you don't have to talk about it but please just tell me what i can do, yeah?"

"i-i m-miss w-woo..."

"baby... oh, yeo... i'm sorry, love... i wish i could do more to make you feel better other than just hugs and cuddles and kisses..."

"i-it's—"

"shh... here, sit up, yeah?"

yeosang nodded and sat up, beginning to hyperventilate from how much he had been crying. jongho quickly put a stop to it, and soon the two were sitting with their foreheads rested against each other, hands interlocked.

"i'm sorry that i can't bring woo back right now, but he'll be back soon, love... just a couple more weeks."

"i-i— i-i—"

"shh... use your phone, baby... don't push yourself," jongho encouraged.

yeosang nodded and picked up his phone, sighing softly as he typed.

this time has been harder than the last... i miss him so, so much, jjong.

"describe your feelings, angel... you know i'm here..."

i feel really lost and sad and i kind of feel like right now i'm suffocating because it feels wrong that he's not here right now. i feel like i'm to blame for him getting off track and needing to go to the program in the first place...

"hey... that's not true at all, baby. i know i'm not woo so you're not going to believe me when i say that... but he's going to tell you the same and you know it."

i'm sorry that i'm like this today...

"don't apologize, love... it's inevitable that we have good days and bad ones. i love you, okay?"

"i-i l-love you too..."

jongho smiled small, leaning forward and pecking the boy's lips.

"let's go get ice cream or something, yeah? does that sound good?"