Chapter Five: The Infamous Michaelangelo.

Comincia dall'inizio

"I heard that. Well, most of it"

I ignored him and went on painting my version of Moo.

After doing more day dreaming out the screen, using his ringed fingers to play with his lower lip- which was kind of distracting, by the way- he finally took a paintbrush, dipped it in black paint and made a small precise splash in the middle of the canvas.

The paint overflowed and slid down in a few places but he didn't look alarmed.

"Done" he said, "how's your cat-cow?"

I ignored him, playing with my fingers and picking at my nails since I was done.

To my big fat surprise, he leaned over towards me just so he could whisper, "Are you mad at me now, Squeaky?" He asked, in a mildly sing-song voice.

I stayed still, trying not to smile at how ridiculous he was.

"Don't be mad, it looks good" he continued. "I really like how you made the tail look like an extra leg, really creati-"

That was it, I forced the laugh back so hard it came out like a sneeze.
"Stop!" I near-whined, pushing him back upright.

"God, I'm so single" one of the girls complained from behind us.

"Time's up, everyone. Let's briefly talk about what we have done so far. You first Rachael, come on up"

The people she called out did just as she asked and there were really impressive artworks. Some kid literally painted a galaxy under thirty minutes.

"One last person, um...." She tapped her fingers to her chin and pointed right at Angelo. "You, new boy, show us your work."

I thought he would panic because he literally only had a splash of black on his canvas but he took it out confidently and stood before everyone with it.

Ms. Murphy frowned but she waited to listen to what he had to say.

"This is an original artwork I would like to call The Bleeding Canvas." He said in his normal, nonchalant way of speaking.

People leaned forward to listen anyways and so did I, eager to see how he'd pull this off. I could already see it.

"As you can see this canvas is like a skin and someone has ripped through it with their pen, letting forth all the ink absorbed into it from everyone else who had ever penned down their innermost thoughts and desires" he said and shrugged.

"Wow" I said, there was no way anyone was going to accept-

"Yeah, I see it. That's totally cool" someone said and everyone started murmuring while the teacher stared at the paint splash in awe. Okay so I was wrong.

"I painted a freaking galaxy!" Said the kid at the front row waving his canvas around in anger.

"Yes but how does that make you feel?" Ms. Murphy sighed, wiping away tears from her eyes.

"Darn talented!" He replied and people told him to sit down.

Ms. Murphy looked up at Angelo "Thank you, so much for this..."

"I didn't say I was done yet."

"By all means, continue."

Angelo flipped the canvas upside down and showed everyone. "Now it's just three poles on a slope. This proves that when we change our perspective, we change our understanding of a particular situation, I'm Angelo and thank you for listening."

Ms. Murphy burst into happy tears, I doubled over laughing and the entire classroom erupted in cheer and applause and they didn't stop till the bell rang to end the class.

"Oh my freaking goodness" I laughed as I packed up my stuff, everyone around me filing out the room "this is the funniest thing that's happened all week."

"That's to be expected, your life's pretty boring. Obviously you need me" Angelo said.

"Whoa, Michaelangelo, don't get too cocky now." I joked, still giggling. I really needed that laugh. "But hey, I think the art teacher is in love with you."

I glanced at the older woman who was staring dreamily at us and Angelo looked over his shoulder before turning back to me and shuddering. All with a straight face!

That made me laugh some more, and my head fell forward and hit his chest since he was right in front of me.

I jerked back immediately, just before it could get weird.

He looked down at me, eyes lit up in amusement.
Then out of nowhere while staring straight into my soul, he blurted, "I'm starving".

I took a step back and smirked, "well, I'm not food, let's go to the cafeteria!"

On our way there, Susan and Annie joined us with Hunter, Susan's twin brother who immediately struck a bond with Angelo.

"No way, is that the Nightengale ultra power 10k with Lazer focus lens?!" Hunter exclaimed. Or I think that's what he said, I had no clue what the name of the camera was.

Angelo took one long look at him and concluded he was worth it. "Bro."

"Bro." Hunter replied. They fist bumped.

"Weirdos," Annie rolled her eyes before smiling at me. "What are you looking so happy about?"

I smiled back at her and shrugged, "nothing serious, just Michaelangelo's rise to fame in art class." I said jabbing a thumb over my shoulder at him.

"Well, tell us!" Susan urged excitedly. They didn't laugh as much as I did when I explained the whole story but they humored me anyways.

"Sorry, it's not as funny when I explain it." I said, tucking the curl of black hair that fell into my face.

Susan and Annie shared a secret smile which wasn't so secret since I noticed.

"Let's eat at the bleachers, that's where I stay" Hunter suggested after we all got our food, "it's far much better than this place and the weird heirachy thing they have going on here

"Let's eat at the bleachers, that's where I stay" Hunter suggested after we all got our food, "it's far much better than this place and the weird heirachy thing they have going on here."

"Yeah, let's ignore the fact that you're a total loner." Susan said.

"There's no Hale there," Annie said, looking at me, "so that works for me."

Hale, I'd completely forgotten about him the whole time I was hanging with Angelo... and that felt great!

I turned to the latter who was watching us all converse like he was watching a non-english movie without subtitles.

"What do you think? Bleachers?" I asked.

He just blinked. "What do you think?"

"I like him, for sure" Annie said and nudged me "let's go."

✧*。✧*。✧*。

Don't forget to vote!

Rhodes.