Dahyun x Eunwoo

"You're writing again?" Mina tried to peeked on what Dahyun is writing but she managed to blocked her view. She sighed and took the seat beside her. "Dahyun, I don't mean to discourage you, but what if your pen pal is a dangerous person? It's making me scared and worried about you," she advised.

They are currently in the library and they still have 30 minutes left before their class resumes.

"You've been exchanging letters with that unknown person for like the whole semester," Mina continued, as she started reviewing some lessons for their next class. "That person might as well reveal his or her identity to make me feel at ease for your safety."

"Mina," Dahyun called her. "I understand that you're worried and you obviously care about me, but seriously, I'm fine. I don't think my pen pal is a bad person. Based on his letters, he sounded like a very nice person to me."

"Well, Dahyun, it is still much better if that person really reveals himself. What if he's not a guy? What if he's a girl? I mean, I really don't mind. But pretending someone you are not is a bad thing. I won't tolerate it," Mina explained. When she saw sadness written on Dahyun's face, she started to calm down a bit. "Look, I'm sorry. I just don't want to see you getting hurt again. You've been deceived once, I don't want that to happen again."

Last year, Dahyun was in a relationship with a guy named Moonbin. They've started being textmates, then soon became lovers. Since they've been dating for like 3 months already, and yet they haven't met each other, so Mina grew suspicious. She convinced Dahyun to search his location and find what school he's attending to. They skipped their class and went to Moonbin's school. They almost felt relieved knowing that he is a real person, his name is real, his age, his school, his address. But one thing is not.

"I just have one question, Moonbin," Dahyun started. She's been really quiet ever since she and Mina arrived at the school where Moonbin is studying.

She asked Mina to give them some time talk for a moment. Mina hesitantly agreed and told her that she will wait for her at the coffee shop near the park where they are currently at.

Dahyun and Moonbin are sitting on the swings. The atmosphere was awkward and very sad.

"What is it?" Moonbin asked, feeling bad and nervous. As much as he wanted to explain everything to Dahyun, she didn't allowed him.

"All those text messages you sent to me, you exchanged to me... Did they mean anything? Those sweet, encouraging words... Do they mean anything? Or was it just..." she asked, stuttering.

It took Moonbin a few seconds before he replied.

"I'm really sorry, Dahyun."

And that is an enough answer to her question.

It turns out that Moonbin is dating one of his classmates and Dahyun was just her past time fling.

Mina doesn't want that to happen again. To see her friend being extremely sad and hurt. She witnessed how Dahyun lose interest in everything that she wants, how ashamed she was for being deceived by someone she claimed to be her boyfriend. Dahyun likes blaiming herself, even though she was the one being wronged.

"I actually wrote on this letter that if he won't reveal himself on Christmas Day, I will stop writing him," Dahyun revealed. "I indicated the place and time he should be there. If he won't come, then I guess that's the end of us being pen pal," she added.

Mina sighed. "I'm sorry if I'm forcing you to end it right away," she apologized.

"No, you didn't force me. I actually realized it myself. As much as I enjoy exchanging letters to him, I still prefer if we will see each other and talk, you know. Besides, I kinda feel insecure with my handwriting. What if he doesn't like my penmanship?"