The Diggory's

As I trudged along following Mr. Weasley and the boys, my shoes became wet and grass was sticking to the rubber of my converse. The moon was still visible and the sun was now peeking a bit more over the horizon. The sky has turned a pale yellow on the edges and the morning air is still crisp. I could see my breathe rise in vapor over my head and my hands were becoming a bit numb from the cold. I put them up to my hands and blew to try and warm them up.

Looking around I noticed that most of the others seemed to be pretty cold as well. Ginny and Hermione were walking pretty close and the twins were huddling Olivia. It made me so happy to see how close she had become with them. Olivia wasn't super close to her family and the twins turned out to be great big brother figures for her. I met Olivia during my first year at Hogwarts, but we didn't become close until our second year. She is a Hufflepuff and now starting her fourth year along side us. I don't know where I would be without her. She has become my closest and truest friend.

I looked over to see Harry practically turning blue walking a bit behind Ron. I skipped a little forward until I caught the strap of his backpack and held it for a second before he was yanked back. He turned and made eye contact with me almost instantly making a face of shock. "Avery your nose is as red as a turnip and your lips are turning blue!" He grabbed my hands and started rubbing them vigorously between his as we continued walking. "Oh, don't be so dramatic, you should see yourself." I laugh gesturing to his own face. "You can't warm up ice with more ice." I say while shaking his hands with mine. "We both start laughing and continued on towards our unknown destination.

"It should be around here somewhere." Mr. Weasley said as we approached a tiny hill past the trees. We had been walking for about 15 minutes and everyone looked as though they had been through a tough windstorm of ice cold air. Ron's face is as red as it had been our second year when Olivia kissed him on the cheek. "What should be around here??" George asks looking around.

"Oh Arthur! Over here!" A mans voice called from across the hill, to the right. A man approached through the fog holding an old boot in one hand and waving the other. "Guys, I want you to meet my good pal from the ministry, Amos Diggory! You all must know his son Cedric, he goes to school with you." Arthur said with enthusiasm.

A tall handsome boy with wavy dark hair appeared from the cloud of fog. He grinned and I couldn't help but notice his smile. Cedric had always been a popular one with the girls at Hogwarts. I looked over and made eye contact with Olivia. We both grinned and thanked the cold wind for camouflaging our blushed cheeks. "Hello guys, beautiful morning isn't it?" Cedric asked while looking around at the bunch. He must have stolen all of our energy because no one replied. He turned and locked eyes with me. He approached and pinched my cheeks, "Looks like the cold has gotten the best of you all." He laughed.

"Well we better get going or else the portkey won't work." Mr. Diggory exclaimed while setting the boot at the tip of the hill. "Okay now everyone put a finger on the boot, that's really all you need." I watched Harry and Hermione reach forward touching the boot and everyone else followed. I leaned forward and pressed my frozen pointer on the toe of the shoe. "Okay now it should only be a few seconds.." Mr. Weasley said while pulling out his pocket watch, "Three..Two..One.."

I felt my body jerk forward. I was being pulled fast and my finger was the only thing dragging me. Colors flew past my face and everyone bodies drew closer together. I felt Ron and Fred's shoulders pressing up against mine and our screams distorted into distant yells. I felt my body suddenly hit the ground. Ouch that's gonna leave a mark. I opened my eyes and sat up to see everyone else on the ground as well. Mr. Weasley, Mr. Diggory, and Cedric all descended towards the ground gracefully above us.

"First time using a portkey?" Mr. Diggory asked with a chuckle as his feet hit the ground. "Dad, don't be rude." Cedric nudged his shoulder and walked up to Olivia helping her up. He turned and walked towards me locking our eyes. "Frozen to the ground?" he said with a smirk. He reached down his hand and helped me up. Oh no