Chapter 293 - 296

Start from the beginning

But Zuo Xiaolan's worry was not fully dispelled by his words. "Don't worry about it auntie." said Bai Mo, "The game has nothing to do with real life. Besides, it's a very common occurrence in the game. You don't have to worry about it."

Ye Ci immediately voiced out her agreement as well. Tan Polang who was still unaware of the events that had transpired threw in his weight as well before Zuo Xiaolan's worry was finally quelled.

It was apparently not the only worry that Zuo Xiaolan had intended to voice out. She looked at Ye Ci, then at Ye Nantian and instead changed the topic of the conversation.

Ye Ci immediately went online after her meal. She knew that she had to make every second count so that she could leave her cell as soon as possible. She did not want to stay in that place even a single second longer.

Bai Mo had long since returned to the game as the guild was planning to explore the Scorching Canyon dungeon at night. Tan Polang was the only one who remained behind to help Ye Nantian and Zuo Xiaolan in cleaning up the table.

He noticed the frequent stares from Zuo Xiaolan as he was washing the dishes. It was something very unusual, as Zuo Xiaolan had always been blunt with her words.

"Mom, is there something you want to say?" asked Tan Polang.

Zuo Xiaolan chuckled. Am I being that obvious? But since Tan Polang had spoken up, she decided to go straight to the point, "Polang, remember that time you told me about the guy who was interested in Little Ci? What's his name again?"

"His in-game name?" asked Tan Polang and Zuo Xiaolan responded with a nod, "Fleeting Time."

"Liu as in the flower of water, and nian as in a 'year'?" asked Zuo Xiaolan.

"That's right." Tan Polang nodded, "What about him?"

"Well, Little Ci was sent to jail today for murdering this man..." Zuo Xiaolan voiced out her worries, "Were they fighting because that Fleeting Time person is no longer interested in Little Ci?"

Tan Polang almost gagged when he heard the question. He had only been away for half a month, and the first news received upon his return had blown his mind. He took in a deep breath and stared incredulously at Zuo Xiaolan, "Mom, are you telling me that Fleeting Time was the one killed by sister Ye Ci today?"

"Yup! That's right!" Zuo Xiaolan nodded, "Isn't Fleeting Time interested in Little Ci? Why did they end up fighting? Was it because Ye Ci did not like him, and did not want him to woo her?" Zuo Xiaolan knew her daughter well. Ye Ci had never had good interactions with boys since she was young. She had even beaten up a few boys in her kindergarten.

Zuo Xiaolan did not think much about it. After all, her daughter was still young. But the situation did not change even when she was in her highschool. Even when Ye Ci had never gotten into a fight, none of the boys in her school had ever expressed their interest in her. Zuo Xiaolan was very worried. Many of her neighbour's children had gotten into puppy love with many others entering their rebellious phase while her daughter remained the same.

She could not decide if she should be happy or be worried when she heard of all the complaints about children of Ye Ci's age during the parents teacher meeting.

Ye Ci had always been a selfish person, but her behavior was never problematic. Zuo Xiaolan had never had to worry about her daughter, and she could not decide if it was a blessing or a curse.

She was certain that her daughter would start to have a romantic relationship when she finally attended a university. But after a year and a half of silence, Zuo Xiaolan had almost given up. She had even started to think that her daughter was a lesbian. Is she really not into men? Does it mean that I will never have a grandchild? It had always been her dream.