1. Soulmate

Au where you and your soulmate share thoughts or can hear each other at random times in your head.

Math Test

You've never hated yourself so hard in your whole life. You were having a math test and currently having a mental breakdown. 

You didn't study, you spent your whole day and night binge watching and reading, totally ignoring the urge to go and study. 

If only you listened to your guts and went to study, you would've not been suffering today and prevent your impending failing marks. 

You feel yourself die everytime you take a glance at your classmates. They were diligently answering, fully knowing the answer and all but you? No, you were here dying. 

Your teacher was roaming around so you can't take a peek at your friend's answer sheet. You're thoroughly alone in this. 

You looked at your unanswered paper and you almost felt yourself slipping out of consciousness. 

1.What is the coefficient of the third term the expression 5x³y⁴+7x²y³−6xy²−8xy?

A.6
B. 7
C. -8
D. -6

It's only number one and you're already about to pass out thinking of the answer for minutes.

You wonder if your soulmate can hear your chaotic thoughts, you wonder if they're having headaches when you think of math equations. 

You wonder what they think and feel having such an idiotic soulmate. 

You groaned, staring at the question intently as if it's going to answer itself if you intimidate enough. 

Why am I so stupid? It's the question you always ask yourself. 

Why am I so lazy? You also don't know.

They must be so dissapointed of you. You hear some of their thoughts sometimes and they seem intelligent, something you aren't. 

You both are the complete opposite. 

Either way, you forced yourself to think of the answer and sighed when you can't think of any. 

'She's insufferable. Such an easy question and yet she can't answer.' Well it seems like you thought right, your soulmate is already thinking you're an idiot. 

You rolled your eyes and continued to think hard, repeating the equation and problem in your mind over and over again. 

'The answer's -6 you idiot! You should've studied instead of reading those embarrassing mangas of yours!' As if having enough, he bursted in anger, scolding you. 

You smiled abruptly when you heard the answer, maybe having an intelligent soulmate isn't bad after all. You scribbled the answer and moved on to the next one. 

'Thanks soulmate, you're the best.' 

'I know that already and you're the worst.' 

You swore you heard the smugness in his voice. For the remaining questions, he was there to answer them all. 

All you need was a few compliments and he's there, answering and acing the test.