Chapter 279 & 280

Start from the beginning

"There's no road ahead." The mist grew thicker, and the strong wind blew snow into the air, greatly reducing the visibility of the area. It took Ye Ci quite a moment to confirm that they were indeed at the edge of a cliff.

"No way!" Spotless Autumn cried out in despair as he studied their surroundings, "Hurry, mark this spot on your map, Gongzi You! Even if we die, we might be able to get our stuff back!"

Ye Ci was not someone who would waste time in retrieving any items that she might drop. The same could not be said for Spotless Autumn, as he was carrying an important artifact from the Drow village. The item could be dropped upon death, which was why he was running so hard for his life.

"It's possible for that quest item of yours to drop?" asked Ye Ci.

"Do you think I'll waste my time running if it's not the case?" Spotless Autumn sighed. His luck was at its end.

Ye Ci immediately marked the spot. If they died, she might not have to return, but she could hand the map to Spotless Autumn so that he could return alone for his items.

There were no monsters in the area, nor were there dense forests. The duo was surrounded by nothing but snow. Of course, the area was not entirely desolate. Many high tier herbs grew by the cliff, and if the duo was not pursued by the Guardian...

The Guardian was already upon the duo by the time Ye Ci was done marking her map. Perhaps sensing that its prey had nowhere else to go, the Guardian slowed down its steps, and approached the duo slowly.

Ye Ci could see the gigantic Guardian approaching through the bellowing snow.

As the Guardian got closer and closer, Ye Ci could finally see the true form of the Guardian.

It was a large white ape with the face that resembled that of a Human, but was much more feral. The bulging muscles on its arms were an intimidating sight. The Guardian could easily beat the duo into pulps of flesh.

The expression on the Guardian's face also became clear to Ye Ci.

Even if it was a high level monster, and even if it was a Yeti, there was still a smile on the Guardian's face. It was a cunning smile that declared the Guardian's disdain for the duo, as if the Guardian was taunting the duo, "Come on, keep running. What are you waiting for?"

"I think he's angry." Spotless Autumn noticed the Guardian's expression as well.

Ye Ci snorted in response to his words.

Perhaps due to the fact that he was already backed into a corner, Spotless Autumn finally regained his composure. He even began making rude gestures at the Guardian that was standing 20 yards away, and the Guardian bared it fangs at the man. "Say, what form of death would be cooler for us, Gongzi You?" chuckled Spotless Autumn.

Ye Ci had not given up. She was a Huntress. A Sorcerer might not have a way to get out of this situation, but a Huntress might still stand a chance, and Ye Ci herself had a way.

"What do you think of jumping down the cliff?" Ye Ci pursed her lips when she noticed that Spotless Autumn had already given up.

"Why is that?" Spotless Autumn looked at the ground below. It was apparent that he was not supportive of the idea. Falling to one's death was a gruesome sight after all.

"Well, it's better than getting mauled by that thing." Ye Ci smiled sarcastically at Spotless Autumn.

This girl! She saw right through me! Spotless Autumn shivered, "Why do I have a feeling that the smile on your face is a malevolent one?"

"Really? I don't think so." Ye Ci shrugged, "I'm actually a very sincere person. We're just not that close yet."

Spotless Autumn narrowed his eyes. In what universe is that called sincere? Gongzi You of the Eastern Continent being sincere? No way! The people in the forums were right after all! Does she really think that I'm blind? There's no way I will mistake that for sincerity!