Chapter 279 & 280

Start from the beginning

"Hey, where are we going!" The duo had been blindly running forward, and Spotless Autumn could feel the trembling of the ground. He did not have the courage to even cast a backwards glance. It was a sign that the Guardian was near.

The situation, however, was rapidly deteriorating. The duo barely paid attention to their surroundings as they fled, and the risks of them running into monsters lurking in the area was high.

But Gongzi You was very good at avoiding the monsters, and Spotless Autumn himself was great at dodging them as well. The duo was able to run around the monsters and avoid their aggro.

Spotless Autumn's question was something that Ye Ci had already asked herself in her mind. She already had a quick look on her map. They were in unexplored terrain. This was why Ye Ci did not have an answer to his question.

"Come on, answer me! Weren't you looking at your map just now? Where are we right now!" Unlike Gongzi You, Spotless Autumn could not afford an extra map. He had only found the Drow Village through his excellent game sense an a small pinch of sheer dumb luck.

He had originally prepared to spend half a month on the map to locate the Drow Village. A map was something that he had originally thought to be inconsequential at that time. But when his life was on the line, he finally realized the importance of having a map.

Ye Ci did not have the heart to tell Spotless Autumn the truth. He had been trying very hard to keep up with her, and it would be demoralizing to find out that they were lost. Ye Ci found the kindness in her heart, and spoke to Spotless Autumn in a calm voice, "Trust me, it's better if you don't know."

Cold crept down Spotless Autumn's spine when he heard those words, but he was still desperate for an answer, "Just tell me. I don't want to die without knowing why!"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes! I don't want to die without knowing where I can retrieve my items!"

Ye Ci sighed at Spotless Autumn. Both of them knew that without the flying shards, it would take a considerable amount of time and energy to reclaim their lost items. The system might have even removed the items by the time they returned to the spot of their death.

"My map is an incomplete one. We're in unexplored terrain. The map makers have not marked anything on this part of the map yet." said Ye Ci, "I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say, right?"

"F*ck me!" Spotless Autumn's face immediately grew pale, "And f*ck the devs too!"

Ye Ci pulled out her map once again. The duo was at the edge of the Sacred Snowy Mountain. The crooked lines representing the mountain range on the map indicated that they were in a very uneven terrain.

What's the map right next to the Sacred Snowy mountain again? Thought Ye Ci as she tried her best to recall her past memory. She had traveled to all corners of the Jiama Continent, but it did not mean that she had been to every single map. Her trip to the Sacred Snowy Mountain was a short one, and she could not remember the maps that were adjacent to the Sacred Snowy Mountain at the spur of the moment.

"Hey, something's not right. Why can I feel strong winds ahead?" asked Spotless Autumn as he continued gulping down bottles of Haste Potion, which was his only measure to stay ahead of the Guardian.

Ye Ci's eyes narrowed. She could feel the wind as well. This meant that they were near a ridge. There would no longer be any mountain range ahead.

Her heart sank when she saw nothing but emptiness before her. They were at the end of a cliff. There was no road ahead. Ye Ci stopped right on her tracks, and Spotless Autumn stopped along with her, "Why did you stop! Keep moving!"