Shit's messed up| chapter 21- Cassie

I open my eyes and realise I'm not where I'm supposed to be. In fact, I have no idea where I am. I raise my head and realise I'm in Sarah's room. I am not sure how I got here but I feel dizzy for some reason. Whatever it is that caused me to spend the night here, I hope that it's not related to Rafe. 

The door pushes open and the first person to pop on my mind is Rafe so I get under the blankets like a little kid. It's a huge relief when I hear Sarah's voice instead. "Who are you hiding from?" she chuckles. She has a towel wrapped around her head so I'm assuming she's fresh from the shower. "I thought it was Rafe." I lean my head back and look at the ceiling. Not even a second later, Sarah's face completely changes and she sits next to me. 

"How do you feel?"  she asks me, looking concerned.

"I'm fine, my head's just dizzy."

"What happened yesterday Cassie?"

"What do you mean what happened?" I say and then it hits me. "I totally forgot about yesterday until you reminded me. Fucking Topper." I roll my eyes.

"What the hell did he do Cass-?" she can't even finish her sentence when the door of her room opens and Rafe rushes in. He has a glass of water in his hand and he's wearing one of his country club shirts. Can't lie, I love them.

"Good, you're awake. Are you okay?" he sits right next to me. He looks at me concerned, and even though I'm mad at him, I kind of wanna tell him everything.

"I'm fine, Rafe." I say trying to act as if I don't care about his presence.

"Did you two fuck, or wanted to fuck? Like did we interrupt you or something?" he says as he itches the back of his neck. I know he's nervous. I can tell.

"What the fuck Rafe?" Sarah slightly hits Rafe's back. "Carry on, Cass."

"So as you know Sarah," I say, looking straight into Rafe's eyes; "I went to meet with Topper last night."

"Why the fuck?!" He rolls his eyes and taps his foots continuously. I see he's getting angry but I ignore him and continue.

"So we were just talking about how someone decided it was a good idea to cheat on someone he allegedly loved." I say, looking straight into his eyes. The fire coming from his eyes, looks as it can burn the whole place down. "And then I kept drinking something which made me feel really bad, so I decided to go to the bathroom to freshen up. I fell back into my chair as soon as I got up, so Topper insisted to help. I agreed and he walked me to the bathroom."

"Great, so he carried you?!" 

"No, Rafe. He just assisted me with a slight help. I was barely able to walk."

"Shush Rafe, let her finish." Sarah says.

"Umm..So we get to the bathroom and the first thing that comes to my mind is washing my face. Then, I hear Topper knocking and asking if he can come in. I obviously let him in because he was concerned about me. The second I turned to grab some tissues, I heard the door behind me lock." I stop. I stop because now that I think of it, I get goosebumps. 

"Then what?" Rafe asks in a rush.

"I um, he- Rafe, I don't think you should listen to the rest. I'm good now, that's what matters." I try to change the subject but you can't be successful at that when Rafe Cameron is in the presence. I know in fact that he's not gonna leave until he hears everything. I'm just concerned for Topper. Even if he's an asshole, I wouldn't want Rafe to harm him in any way. And besides, I don't need Rafe to protect me. 

"Just fucking tell me what happened Cassie." 

"I suddenly felt my head spinning and I almost fell, but Topper helped me sit on the floor. Then when I asked him about the drink, he said he had the barmen put something in it. He drugged me. And when I ask him why he did that, he said that he wanted to make me feel better after Rafe." I say looking down. As I speak, I realise how disgusting the situation was, yesterday. And for some reason my heart starts beating faster. I didn't realise how scared I was yesterday.