You know I'll take care of you |chapter 14- Rafe

I get closer as I notice Cassie laying on the side-road. "Fuck!" I scream out as I realise that she's unconscious. Her hands and clothes are all covered with blood. I kneel down and slowly touch the back of her head. It's still bleeding. "Cassie, wake up, wake up!" I lightly slap her as I'm trying to wake her up. "Shit!Shit!Shit!" I scream out as I see that she's fully unconscious. I then quickly grab her and carry her to my car. I lay her down at the back of the car and quickly drive to the closest hospital. "Its gonna be okay Cassie. Don't worry, I got you. It's okay." I say to myself while trying to calm down. I can't loose her. She's all I have left...

I pull over the hospital and quickly get her out of the car. My hands covered in blood, I carry her inside. "Help! Somebody help!" I shout as I go towards the staff. I then see a nurse running up to me and asking what happened.

"Her head I-its bleeding

"Her head I-its bleeding..I- I don't know what happened, I- I just-" I stutter as I panic.

"Okay sir, calm down. I'll take her in right now." says the nurse. I put her on the medical bed and the nurse quickly takes her to the other side. I go with them as I hold her hand and try so hard not to cry.

"Sir you can't go in here." she says as she enters the room and locks the door.

"Let me in you fuckers!" I say as I hit the door. I don't want to leave her. I need to be with her right now. I repeatedly hit the door from anger, as I sit down right behind it and wait for Cassie. "Its gonna be okay, it will be just fine." I murmur to myself as I hold my head. While I wait, I get a call from Barry, which I immediately hang up because I don't care about anything else in the world right now. All I care about is Cassie and whether she's okay. After some time, I finally hear the door open. I quickly get up and see Cassie laying on the medical bed. She's unconscious. Her head looks normal, while her arm is wrapped with a bandage.

"Come along." the nurse said as she carried Cassie somewhere. We then entered a room and we put her on a big medical bed. The nurse then put some needle in her hand which was connected to a dropper drift.

"How is she now? Is she gonna be okay?" I ask her nervously as I hold Cassie's spare hand.

"No worries, she's gonna be alright. We put some stitches on both her arm and her head. You got her here right on time sir. The wound on her head was awfully bad. It looks like her head was hit pretty badly. God knows what would happen to her if you came a little late. You're lucky if she doesn't loose her memory.

"What? Is there a possibly of that?" I ask her nervously.

"It is obviously possible. It may be long, or short term. It also depends on how much she forgot."

"What do you mean?"

"She can loose the memory of a few hours, or even a month. We can't predict that yet. Though the recovery can take up to a few days or months.