Truth revealed |chapter 7 - Rafe

I can't imagine the last time I had so much fun with anyone. For once I was actually having a good time and forgot about all of my problems. I don't know what's gotten into me, but whenever I'm near Cassie its like things become different, in a good way. She is such an easy person to talk to and she finds a way to actually make me smile. And oh man, her odour is a whole another story.

"You look like you're thinking of something deep, what's up?" she asks me as she takes a sip of coke. Shit, I can't let my emotions make everything so obvious.

"Yeah, uh nothing important." I say awkwardly as I rub the back of my neck.

"I'm gonna take you to a really dope place, let's go." 

"Its already 7:20 pm I think I should head back home." she looks at the time on her phone.

"Come on Cassie, it's not gonna take much, I promise." I say while hoping she says yes.

"Okay then, I'll trust you on that."

"Ladies and gentleman, she said yes!" A sudden excitement fills me up as I smile and play the fake drumrolls on the table. She chuckles.

I call the waiter to ask for the bill so we wouldn't loose more time.

"You don't have to, I have money with me."

"It's okay, no worries." I smile looking at her.

"Thanks Rafe, I mean it." she says in the sweetest voice as she smiles back.

I pay the bill and we get to the car. It's currently 7:30 pm; it's about to sunset I think to myself.

"Okay so where are you taking me again?" she asks in a goofy voice.

"You'll see, just a little patience." I say while not taking my eyes off the road.

The place I'm taking her is like 15 minutes away from the cafe were just dined at. It's this tall and ancient tower at the beach near a сliff. It's my escape place. I usually go there whenever something is bugging me or when I have to think about something serious. The view in there is very beautiful and just brings peace to me. Hands down the best place to watch the sunset. I think Cassie will enjoy it there. 

I look at Cassie for a second and notice her neck again. The fingerprints aren't visible anymore, but her skin is still red and irritated. I show no reaction while my heart feels like it's being burned. Why is she acting like everything is okay, cuz it's definitely not. I know there's something, I just have to figure it out. I secretly glance at her and think to myself; what else are you hiding from me? Maybe I don't know her that well after all.

We arrive at the beach and get out of the car. Both the sea and the sky look absolutely mesmerising. 

"Well, here we are." I say while looking at her. 

"The sea is so beautiful today." she says in the calmest yet purest voice ever.

"We're still not there though, come on let's go." I say as I pull then grab her hand and start running.

"Rafe what are you doinggg!" she laughs as she follows me increasing her speed.