Just really good friends|chapter 9- Rafe

I wake up as my alarm blares off. I immediately turn it off and lay back down. The first thing that comes to my mind is Cassie. I turn to my side;

"Shit what happened yesterday.." I say with a deep morning voice as I rub the back of my head. Why was she cryin-

"Shiit" I can't think straight. My head is killing me right now. I slowly get up. "Fuuck" I hold my head with my hands, closing my eyes. It's all because of Barry's fucking drugs. Dang it. Shouldn't have been the first one to test them out.

I look at myself in the mirror. Messy hair, dirty shirt, sweat all over and eyes look high as hell. I look like a fucking addict. "Shit dude, what happened to you?" I look at myself as I think of reconsidering my whole life. I need a shower. It'll help. I leave my room and go towards the bathroom. 

"Morning Wheeze

"Morning Wheeze." I say to her carelessly.

"Morning." she rubs her eye. We look at each other for a second and then both run to the bathroom.

"Ha, too late looser." Wheezie chuckles as she locks the door of the bathroom.

"Dang it Wheeze, be quick." I hit the door and yawn.

As I wait for Wheezie, I hear Rose and dad's voice up from here. It's 10AM dang it. How do you have the energy to argue so early in the morning. They're probably talking about the stolen money. Shit. If Cassie knew that I ditched her to test Barry's new drugs, she would've gone mad. To my defence I can say that it wasn't the only thing I was busy with. The first half of the day, I was at Barry's testing some new drugs. Then my dad called and told me about some fucker who stole ten thousand bucks from our family. I asked questions, but he didn't care to answer.

"There are some things that you're better off not knowing son." he said, so I didn't push him with further questions. He kindly asked me to beat the shit out of him, to what I kindly agreed. Even if I didn't know much, I still had a motive. This man stole from us. If my dad hates this man, then I hate him too.

Wheezie finally exits the bathroom and I go in. I lock the door, take my clothes off, and turn on the water. I get into the shower and stand under the cold water for a few minutes, to wake myself up. To be honest, I was just hoping that the drugs would finally wear off. I rub my eyes and pat my wet hair back. Fucking Barry. The drugs he gave me turned out to be stronger than I thought.

I get out of the shower, feeling so much relaxed now. The drugs are finally wearing off. I dry my hair with a towel, then wrap it around my waist.

A few minutes later I'm all ready. I grab my phone and notice an unread message. It's Cassie. A sudden burst of excitement fills me up. I unlock my phone and read the message.

"Morning country club. Look I'm sorry if I was a little rough on you yesterday. I know you were just trying to protect me."

"Its fine Cassie. I understand." I text her back.

"Great cuz I though I hurt your feeling a bit."

"Nobody can hurt my feelings." I reply.

It hasn't been a day and I already miss her. Her smile, her smell and her softs hands. God, I need to see her. Maybe I should ask her out. After all, why not. Nah, she will think I like her. Because  I clearly don't even like her, she's just a friend of mine.

The next thing I know, I send her a message.

"Take you out today?"

"I can't my dad is sick."

Great. So what do I do now. I am in desperate need of seeing her. Without thinking much, I get to my car and drive over to her house.

"Are you in your room?"

"Yeah, why?" she replies.

"Look at your window."

She comes to the window and sees me waving at her. She looks dissatisfied. Really Cassie? I thought you'd be excited. I see her typing on her phone and a second later, I receive a message.

"Wait a second, I'm coming downstairs."

A minute later I see her quietly opening the door of the house and getting out.

"What are you doing here Rafe? You want my dad to see you?" she asks in an anxious voice.

"I don't care about your dad Cassie, I wanted to see you." I hold her hands while looking at her.

"It's just a really bad timing right now." she looks at me

"Please Cassie, let's go somewhere."

"Ugh Rafe, let me go and see what I can do. Just go to your car and wait."

"Okay." I smirk.

Time skip: 15 minutes

She's finally here. Wow... she looks beautiful.

"What are you staring at, country club?"

"Uhh nothing.." I nervously chuckle.

"I see you made it." I smirk.

"Well my dad is feeling a lot better today, so.."

I start the car. My left hand on the wheel and the other one on the gear shift.

"What happened yesterday Cassie?" I ask her anxiously.

"Can we just not talk about it, please? It's fine though. Nothing important."

If she feels uncomfortable talking about it then I guess its fine. One thing I know is that he sure didn't hit her, because she doesn't have any bruises.

"If you say so," I reply. She smiles at me as she puts her hand on mine.

"Thank you." she looks at me the way no one else has before. Her angelic eyes are slaying me and I can't do anything about it. I can't even hug her. What if she doesn't feel the way I do towards her. Okay I admit. Maybe I have a little crush on her. But nothing more. What harm will a simple few days of romance do to us. Certainly nothing much.

"Where are you taking me now?"

"Today my dear Cassie, we are going on a boat trip. Just you and me. Sounds fun?" I grin.

"It sure does and we will get to watch the sunset again!" She says in an excited voice.

"Yes we will." I say calmly while smiling. This girl is too pure for this world. I keep denying it but I can't help falling in love with her.