Lilac held her breath, "I know it might be a crazy idea, but hear me out. I think that Lilac and I should do a duet for the competition." Lilac shot him a 'you've got to be kidding me look.

"And she could also play her violin". Jake continued.

Lilac's eyes widened before she slapped him on the shoulder, "ow! What was that for?" Jake shrieked, rubbing the spot where she slapped him.

"I didn't agree to that yet you idiot!" She whispered, clenching her teeth.

"Oh, thank goodness, I thought you were going to announce something weird like you were dating." Zander said, relieved.

Lilac and Jake exchanged glances, before the peach haired boy started laughing, "you think that we- that Lilac and I- were dating?" Jake said in between laughs.

Lilac put a hand on her hip, her blue eyes glittered with amusement, "yeah, Jake and I are like siblings. We would never date each other."

Jake stopped laughing and stood back up next to her. Lilac's sly smile suddenly turned into a smirk, "besides he has a crush on-".

Jake swiftly covered her mouth, his cheeks were a deep shade of red. Lilac grabbed his wrist and took his hand off her mouth.

"Like Lilac said we would never date because we consider each other brother and sister." Jake replied, still a little bit red.

"That's a relief". Zander said.

"Yeah, that would have been terrible". Luke replied sarcastically.

"Anyways, as I was saying we both wanted to sing together in the competition, and Lilac could also perform on her violin."

"Did you say a duet? With you and Lilac? Oh, my goodness! Yes! Yes! Yes!" Milly exclaimed excitedly.

"But the competition is in four weeks. Isn't this a bit sudden?" Sean pointed out.

"Exactly it's way too late to be making changes, so let's just forget about this stupid idea and-" Lilac agreed but was cut off by Jake.

"I know it's late notice, but we can do it if we all sacrifice our free periods for practice. I'll bet it will turn out better than the original. And it's a little selfish but it's something I really want to do".

Lilac looked down at the floor, "after hearing Lilac sing and play her violin for the first time when we were kids and knowing how much the competition and the club means to her, it doesn't feel right to sing without her." Jake continued; Lilac glanced up at him with a shy smile before looking back at the club.

"Well, if it means so much to you then I say let's do it." Sean agreed.

"Woo who! This is going to be even more poggers!" Milly exclaimed, shaking Sean till he was dizzy.

Jake and Lilac walked over to Luke and Zander, "ah, what about you guys?" Jake asked. Please say no! Please say no!

Zander and Luke exchanged glances; Hailey had recently gone over to stand next to them. "Why not? Sounds like a nice idea." Lilac could've sworn she saw Zander smile when he said that.

"Oh right, yes!" Jake exclaimed.

Lilac didn't meet his gaze, "I'd rather know you'll both be leading the song than leaving it to just you." Zander added.

Jake let out a small sarcastic laugh, "well Zander, thanks for the support."

"And you want to do this Lilac? You look kind of nervous." Luke asked, concerned.

Lilac looked up at him, "I uh- yes to the singing part but I don't know about the violin part."

"You play the violin?" Milly asked in awe.