"I don't understand. Weren't you the closest to my father? Wouldn't you have sensed something was amiss."

Tywin's face morphed into frustration. "I noticed that the kingdom was shifting. I planned to make a trip to Casterly Rock a few months after the tourney. I did not take into account the fact that Aerys would find a way to offend our house and break our line of succession so easily. I hope for your sake and mine that your child is a boy."

Rhena nodded. "As do I." She shuddered at the thought of being married to another man. A man who was not Jaime. A stranger. No doubt she would be married to Viserys once he was old enough or a Frey. Their newest Lord Frey wouldn't dare speak up against the Targaryen word. Walder was far too spineless.

"Come then, I'll leave you to dress. Try to pack as much as you can." He commanded. "I want to depart as soon as the last man rides." Tywin closed the large wooden door behind him and left Rhena to her business.

Her room was already bare save for a few accessories and dresses. Rhena was always a tidy soul and Jaime's things had been cleared out by various servants but she had managed to snag three of his sleeping tunics for herself, always one of sentimental value.

She crossed the room to where her dresses were hanging and picked the heaviest one which happened to be the same black of mourning clothing. From what she could feel from her window, the day held a sort of winter chill and the color of the dress matched her mood. She was in mourning. For Jaime and the life that they could have had together with their child.

Rhena slipped on her ruby ring and lion necklace, both gifts from Jaime and left her hair flowing in gentle waves. The dark circles under her eyes seemed to only highlight the deep lilac of her eyes and gave her face a sharp sort of beauty that couldn't be accomplished with a decent amount of sleep.

Tywin was standing outside of her door with a faceless member of the King's Guard. Rhena didn't need to peer into his helmet to tell that he wasn't Jaime. His shoulders were too broad and he towered over her slim form where Jaime was only half a head taller. Tywin offered her his arm and the two of them made their way to the tourney.

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Cersei was pressed against a wall, hair a bright contrast against the dark stone and form hidden behind the broad shoulders of Eddard Stark. His kisses were soft and they made Cersei angry. She needed heat, she needed him to be as rough as he looked for once. Her nails clawed into his leather clad arms and her teeth clashed against his fiercely. Cersei had always promised that she was a lion, and there she was, feasting on her prey.

"Cersei." Ned whispered against her lips, trying to keep up with her fast pace. "Cersei, slow down."

She didn't seem to hear him and opened a door next to her blindly before dragging him into the room by his tunic. The heavy oak slammed shut behind them and they were left with only each other and a small window on the other wall. Cersei's mused hair formed a golden halo around her head and her eyes seemed to glow in the dim lighting.

"I want you." The words from her mouth were so short and clipped that Ned wondered if she even meant them at all.

"Cersei-" he started, only to be silenced by her lips.

"Please Ned." He wanted to. Gods he wanted to. Ned would love nothing more to take Cersei as his and have her to himself in this dirty dusty room.

Though his head cleared quickly as that scenario played out and it prevented him from doing anything more as he pulled away. "We can't Cersei."

"Why not." She was more than angry now because she knew why. She knew why and fury danced in her emerald depths.

Ned stepped away from her, fearing that he wouldn't be able to stop himself if they were in too close proximity. "You know why. I'm a second son. I shouldn't even be allowed to look at you with lust, let alone act on it." Cersei scoffed and crossed her arms.