Chapter 7

Friday finally rolled around and it was time for my brother and me to board a plane and head to Miami. To say I was excited was a massive understatement. I hadn't taken a vacation since my honeymoon eight years ago. And I hadn't taken a vacation with my brother since we were kids taking family vacations with our parents. Kellan and I had grown a lot closer since those days and I was incredibly thankful for my little brother.

Our flight was unreasonably early in the morning so I wasted no time on my hair or outfit. I threw on an oversized pair of black sweatpants and a fitted tank top, tossed my hair in a messy bun on the top of my head, and headed for the car. Kellan just chuckled when he saw me and thankfully stopped at the nearest coffee shop for me to get caffeinated. We made our way through TSA and finally reached our terminal where I planned to nap until we boarded our flight.

" hey, they have a VIP lounge, you wanna get some shots or something?" Kellan asked me as I plopped down in an uncomfortable seat and took a long swig of my iced coffee.

" you do realize that the sun isn't even up yet right? It's literally six in the morning." I deadpanned. I should have known better though, he was in that party stage of life. I had completely missed that stage of life I realized. I was too busy getting married way too young and regretting my life decisions already at my brother's age.

" Fuck it, let's do shots at six am" I laughed standing to follow my brother

" Did I just hear y'all were gonna do shots at six without us?" a familiar voice called behind me

I turned around to find Milo standing with five more of Kellan's friend group behind him.

"Surprise!!" Kellan and Milo said simultaneously.

" Birthday weekend!" Milo squealed in a high pitch imitation girly voice and I wanted to disappear into the floor. Besides a few texts, we hadn't spoken since the night we made out.

" I definitely need that drink immediately." I groaned

" El, I wanted you to have the best birthday weekend possible. I knew you hadn't hung out with us in a couple of weeks and you'd forgive me for the surprise later" Kellan told me, putting his arm around my shoulder and leading me to the lounge.

I ordered a shot of tequila and chased it with my iced coffee. Not my best decision.

" I forgive you if you guys show me how to really have fun in Miami."

" Oh, we definitely will," Milo told me with a smirk. I couldn't help the feeling that bloomed in my chest wondering if he had a double meaning behind his words. The smirk and eye contact made me feel like there absolutely was. " Bring this girl another shot!" he yelled down to the bartender.

" It is still six am, I haven't had near enough coffee to be on the same level of excitement." I laughed even though I couldn't lie and say I wasn't already having fun. I downed another shot and on my empty stomach, I started having that warm and tingly feeling flood my body.

I left the lounge and headed to the uncomfortable chairs in the terminal overlooking the runways. I heard some of the guys head to the bathroom before we boarded and others were going to grab some food. I looked around and only saw Milo. He was walking away from the lounge heading towards me. The heat flooded my face and I felt my cheeks burning. With the last time seeing him being when we kissed and did other things, I had no idea what to say.

"This is cute," he said, his voice a low rumble as his thumb grazed my cheeks. Then he knelt down beside my chair and spoke even lower as his hand wandered to my thigh. " we're going to have a lot of fun this weekend" he tightly squeezed my thigh then stood up and walked away with a smirk.

His confidence sent me spiraling. I gulped my ice coffee down trying to douse the heat in my body. Spending an entire weekend with Milo, in a different state, would be an experience to say the very least.

We boarded the plane and the flight was very entertaining. I don't think I'd laughed that much in a very, very long time. My brother's friends were intoxicatingly hilarious. Every time I glanced over at Milo he was looking at me. I enjoyed the way that I felt when he was near me, talking to me or just looking at me. I knew that I shouldn't enjoy it, but I just couldn't help it. It had been so long since someone acted like they enjoyed my presence. I could blame Evan for that.

After landing we made our way over to the beachfront hotel that we would be staying in. The guys had reserved three adjoining suites with a total of nine bedrooms. The space was massive and very expensive-looking. The windows of each suite overlooked both the city and the water.

One good thing about going out of town with guys was apparently they didn't care what room they got. As soon as we walked in they started unpacking the alcohol and finding clubs to head to tonight. So I took my time checking out each room deciding which one I would claim for the weekend. After finding one that had an attached bathroom and a balcony with an amazing view I chose one. I threw my suitcase on the bed and grabbed the first pair of Nike shorts I could. After changing into clothing better fitting for the heat, I opened the sliding glass door to step onto the balcony. The wind blew the curtains in and the smell of salt and sand flooded my senses. I hated the feel of sand on my skin, however, I couldn't deny the beauty that lay before me.

" Well, well, well." Milo's familiar voice called from behind me. " I like these much better," he lightly pulled at the short hem of my shorts. He leaned close to my ear, " so much more skin to accidentally graze" he leaned back and smirked. " enjoying the view?"

" Actually, yea.'' I started, trying to reign in my pulse and compose myself. " The thought of the sand stuck to me makes me want to vomit, but I'm actually really excited to be here."

Milo took a sip from his drink then held it out to me.

" I made you a drink, I forgot to tell you. Those damn shorts distracted me."

" You just drink out of it," I told him stating the obvious

" Well, yeah, I was thirsty. But here, it's yours, start drinking and maybe we can make some bad decisions again." he stuck the drink in my hand, winked at me then walked back inside.

I wasn't sure if this weekend with Milo would be completely amazing and fun or absolutely destroy my heart. And I honestly wasn't sure I cared if it was either one.