3. | Demons

When Evelyn fluttered her eyes open, she noticed she wasn't in her room

When Evelyn fluttered her eyes open, she noticed she wasn't in her room. She looked beside her and saw Oliver sleeping peacefully beside her.

She carefully got up and started to walk out when she noticed a box under his bed.

What the hell is that? She asked herself, tilting her head. She grabbed the box as quietly as she could and snuck out of the room, to hers. She closed the door and sat on her bed.

Ev's Things, the box lid read.

She opened the box and looked through it. Everything that she had lost was in the box, including a few of her pocket knives. She hid the box in her desk and climbed back into bed to go back to sleep.

But this time, instead of dreams, she had nightmares.

She tossed and turned, whimpering in her sleep. Oliver left his room to get a drink when he heard her whimpers. He inched to her door, curious, finding her with tears running down her face. He sighed, pushing a few strands behind her ear. She seemed to calm down, ever so slightly. Her whimpering died down, and he went to leave, but her finger latched onto his.

He turned back. She seemed calmer with him, so he decided to climb in beside her. He had only hoped to stay until she calmed down, but he fell asleep before he could leave.

In the morning, when she woke up, she was laying on Oliver's chest, his arm loose around her waist. She sat up and gazed, confused, at Oliver who was still fast asleep.

She climbed out of bed and went to her walk-in closet for clothes. She changed into new clothes: a grey long sleeve shirt, blue skinny jeans, black lace up high heel ankle boots, and a plain black and white jacket. She paired the outfit with her crescent moon necklace, a single blue jewel hanging from the tip of the moon, and her crescent moon ring. The necklace also had her initials, E.M, carved into the back.

She then opened her compartment and grabbed the same bottle, opening it and grabbing two pills. She did the same thing as before; she threw her head back as she popped the blood-colored pills into her mouth. She hid the bottle before walking. She smiled softly at Oliver, who was still asleep, before quietly leaving the room and walking downstairs.

She made a bowl of cereal, ate, before rinsing the bowl, then opening the front door and walking outside. She strolled down the sidewalk, the wind playing in her hair as people passed her, going about their way. She stopped as she came across a gas station.

She walked inside and was greeted by a brunette woman. "Hi, can I help you with anything?"

"Nope." Evelyn said, sending a small smile. She roamed aisles, but there was nothing.

"Need help finding something?" The lady asked, noticing Evelyn looking slumped.

"Oh, uhm...do you have any kinds of blades?"

"Yep, they're up here." She said, pointing to a rack with around thirty to thirty-five packs of small knives, and a case with many switchblades and blades inside. She grabbed all of them and placed them on the counter.