Its a broken memory

Sad Nagito and his dementia.
Akane and Nagito friendship supremacy.
Angst (I cried)
while reading listen to everywhere at the end of time
————————————

Nagito laid in his bed for what felt like hours, he knew he wouldn't be able to get up even if he tried. Akane unlocked the door to Nagito's room and walked up to his bed, "yo Nagito! Get up, it's time for breakfast!" She said as she opened his curtains and pulled his blanket off him, he covered his face before being forced to sit up by Akane. His head rested on her chest and she sighed softly to herself, she noticed the dark eye bags under his eyes. She saw that he was clothed appropriately to be taken outside so she picked him up and began to carry him to the dining hall, she sat him down at a table and made her way to get breakfast for the two of them. Nagito had his eyes half open and had his hands on his forehead while pressing lightly. Akane set a plate down in front of him with a cup of water with it, "c'mon it's time to eat and take your medicine.." she spoke softly as she sat across from him, he wanted to glare but knew it wasn't her fault he was like this.. but he didn't know what was wrong with him.

He took the medication before sighing.. he didn't remember why he took medication or who this woman was.. but he knew by the way she looked at him that she wanted to help him and they might've been friends.. he just couldn't figure out who she was.. he began to quietly eat his food as other people started to walk in. "Is he any better..?" One of them asked but Akane just shook her head and looked as though she was going to start crying but Nagito looked so unaware of everything.. but he still smiled at her.. even though he was going through so much worse.. but she knew that.. eventually.. he wouldn't remember anything.. but she kept smiling for him because she wanted to keep him unaware of his condition.. but she couldn't help but break once she saw his smile start to fade away..

Nagito Komaeda was gone and they weren't going to get him back..

Akane choked on a sob as Nagito watched her, he didn't know what to say or do. "Akane.. please don't cry.." he mumbled as he held her hand causing her to look up at him with tears still coming out of her eyes, "don't cry.. for someone like me.." he smiled softly at her for the first time.. in a long time, she didn't say anything.. she just hugged him tightly as if he was going to fade away.. he knew and she knew..

Nagito Komaeda was going to die..

Nagito lay on his death bed, surrounded by people he couldn't recognise.. he tried but failed every time.. they said they had been friends.. but all those memories were gone from his mind.. all he knew was that.. he was going to die soon. He wasn't scared.. he was blissful.. because when he dies.. he believes that his memories will return to him.. in his final moments. He stared off all day and all night, waiting for his demise to take him away.. so he can finally remember everyone that he forgot.. and he wanted to apologise.. but didn't know how. He laid down slowly and closed his eyes.. for the last time..

And Nagito Komaeda died.. with no pain or regret..

'I finally remember you all..!'

'I'm so sorry.. I put you through so much..'

'Akane.. thank you for taking care of me..'

'Izuru.. thank you for loving me.. even when I didn't remember..'

'Sonia.. thank you for being my family..'

'Gundham, Fuyuhiko and Souda.. thank you for letting me feel alive again..'

'Mikan.. thank you for being my friend and nurse..'

'Hajime.. thank you for always believing in me..'

'Mahiru and Hiyoko.. thank you for making me eat and bathe..'

'Peko.. please take good care of all of them for me..'

'Teruteru.. thanks for the wonderful food..'

'Nekomaru.. thank you for making me believe I was strong..'

'Ibuki.. thank you for the music.. and joy you bring us..'

'Me and Chiaki will watch you.. and we'll protect you..'

'I had a great time with you all..'