Chapter 15; Collide

Start from the beginning

"Again, we are Royal Roses, and it's been so nice playing for you guys tonight! Black Veil Brides will be out real soon, I promise," I shout to the crowd. They give one last uproar of screaming and clapping. The girls and I all strut off backstage, giving our instruments to the stagehands.

"I get so sweaty out there, it's so unbecoming," Lynn groans, taking a washcloth and wiping her forehead. We all agree and do something similar.

The guys opened and came in through the door, plopping down next to us.

"You guys were as great as ever," CC stated, making Taylor bite her lip.

"Eh, I've seen better," Andy shrugged. I punched him in the shoulder, to which he sarcastically winced.

"Whatever, we'll see if you can do better," Lynn said.

"Yeah, we'll be watching," Jenna laughed. The guys looked at each other and mentally accepted the challenge. They all stood and made their way to the stage.

They all did their little prep dance, which we all noticed seemed to be a pattern they made themselves go through.

The stagehands handed them their designated instruments and darkened the lights, causing the fans to cheer again.

CC went first, going through the back so he could be unseen. He hit his drums twice, causing the crowd to go wild. Jake and Jinxx did their little fist bump handshake, resembling that of Baymax from Big Hero 6, then ran out to the stage next.

"Oh, Andy, wait!" I called, realizing he was missing something.

He turned and raised an eyebrow. I ran to the make up table and grabbed his 'war paint'. I went back to him, unscrewing the cap and dipping my fingers in the gooey substance.

"You're missing your stripes, tiger," I whispered, dragging my fingers across his cheek. "I don't think I did it quite as well as the professionals, but I can't let you go out there without your signature look."

"I think it probably looks even better," Andy said, a thankful smile spreading across his features. I grinned back and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Go be great or something," I said.

He sent me one last look, then ran onto the stage with Ashley. The crowd was screaming their heads off, a noise I had grown accustomed to.

I followed the girl to a spot where we could watch the guys play. I had never heard their songs before the tour, but now, I know almost every song they play word for word, and listen to the others on Spotify all the time. I loved Andy's voice, I have since we were kids. He never believed me when I told him how good he was.

We soon heard the violin over the noise; Overture had started playing. The guys ran over to where we were standing. Jake and Jinxx dumped water over their heads and drank some, CC chugged some energy drink, Ashley took off the tank top he was wearing and tied a bandana around his neck, making Jenna look like she was about to faint. Andy alternated between drinks of water and honey, trying to soften his straining voice. His screams were intense.

Soon, we heard Overture begin to fade into Shadows Die, which meant the guys needed to go back out. They all ran to the stage, waving to us and telling us to wish them luck. Andy gave me a sticky kiss on the cheek before he ran out. I rolled my eyes and wiped my face before making my way back to where I could seem them all playing properly.

They sang a couple more songs before Andy changed things all of a sudden.

"Alright, guys, so I have a little problem. Do you think you could help me out?" he asked the crowd. They, of course, screamed their consent, and he continued. "Alright, well, this problem has been purposely giving me grief since yesterday. And she knows who she is."