Weird Kid

It was finally road trip day. The happiest in the group of people going for the road trip was Leo. Leo was so excited because he needed a distraction from college application stress. Plus going with his best friend was a double win. On the other hand, the least excited was Arthur, probably because he was dealing with his glitching body and an annoying baby voice stuck in his head. What a boring and stressful life to live if you were Arthur.
             Finally the children got in the car, Rose's driver was in charge of driving the bus. The total people going on the trip were seven. Leo, Kyle, Arthur, Rose, Leila, Kristen and Matthew. In the bus Leo sat close to Arthur, Rose was practically taking videos of herself and filming the trip. Kyle was napping while Leila, Kristen and Matthew were discussing.
            Arthur was wearing a red cloak because his legs were glitching. He lied to every one on the trip that his legs were cold and like to be hidden from everyone's eyes. During the trip, he didn't talk to anyone. He practically blocked his ears with his headset and was listening to music. Leo was sick of the act and decided to take actions into his own hands.
    "Hey! Arthur!" screamed Leo
    "..."
Leo immediately yanked out the headset from Arthur's ear.
   "What was that for!?" said Arthur furiously.
   "Sorry man! I just wanted your attention. There is this game I wanted you to play and it's better than listening to your boring Bach music."
  "I don't want to play any game. Besides, I have bad luck with games."
  "Sometimes I feel you are a loner."
Arthur chanted something under his breath and immediately Leo's clothes got wet. Everyone turned around to see what happened, the only thing they saw was a wet person. The only word Arthur could say was that Leo was trying to drink water and ended up wetting himself. Nobody believed the story and they decided not to butt in to know the truth.
           Evening was fast approaching and the children where hungry and tired.
    "Hey! I'm hungry and sooo tired. Can't we look for a hotel and spend the night there? " said Kristen
Rose just laughed so hard and it was an unusual display for the other kids.
   "Who said we will be sleeping in a hotel? We are going to... camp in the woods! " Rose said excitedly.
   "What!? " everyone said in unison.
        Nobody expected or signed up that there will be bonding with nature this summer. Leila started imagining a snake biting her or eating a frog for breakfast. It feels like a not-so-good-experience.
    "Rosie dear, we didn't bring our camping bag or our camping minds" Kyle said with an evil grin.
   "Yay! So we will lodge in a hotel? " said Leila with sparkles in her eyes.
   "Eww! Who said there will be lodging in a hotel? I got you all covered. I brought camping tents for everyone!" Rose said excitedly.
  "I thought you were popular and classy. I didn't know you like sun burns and mosquito bites! " said Matthew.
  "Don't worry, I have sunscreens, mosquito repellant and... Marshmallows! " hurriedly said Rose.
         She was smiling from ear to ear. None of the children were actually pleased. From what they gathered from television, camping in the wild is not the smartest idea.
    "hmm! How do we charge our phones and see in the dark? The last time I checked, there is no electricity in the wild and we are not bats or vampires." said angry Leo.
   "And who said so? I have solar power banks and flashlights for everyone. " said Rose.
   "ugh!" said the children
       So far so good the only one who hadn't complained was Arthur. He felt comfortable staying in the wild. Where else but in the wild can he do his strange quests.
       The children arrived at the camping site. They carried their camping bag from the bus and set up their tents. Kristen was so afraid of waking up and seeing a grasshopper inside her mouth.
        After the tent was set up the group needed a campfire and it looks like Miss perfect Rose forgot to bring a lighter or a match box. Arthur volunteered to make the fire the caveman way. He took stones and started striking them together to make fire but it was not working. So he decided try out his magic spell and the wood was set on fire immediately. The most excited for the campfire was Kristen, she immediately ran to hug Arthur.
    " Thank you so much for the fire." said Kristen .
       Arthur didn't know what to say, so he just pulled himself out of the hug. Everyone thought in their minds that Arthur is weird and Kristen couldn't help but feel sad.
       Since it was campfire time, the children were introducing  their selves, the first to go was Rose.
      " My name is Rose Fitzgerald. I'm 17 years old and I love taking videos of myself. I'm popular and my parents are rich. My best friend's name is Leila!"
    " My name is Leila White. I am 17 years old. I love reading books and making Instagram videos. My favourite sport is tennis."
    " My name is Kyle Green. I rather not say how old I am. I love watching reality shows and my favourite sport is Rugby."
   " My name is Matthew Chase. I'm 16 years old and I love playing video games."
   " My name is Kristen Skye. I am 16 years old and I love playing volleyball. I don't really like social media."
   " My name is Leonard Jerry. I'm 16 years old. I love playing action games and I take too many AP classes."
  " My name is Arthur Steve..."
  " Wait  you are a Steve? I love your parents games and inventions." said Matthew.
  " Okay. As I was saying... I am 17 years old. I'm an only child and I'm terrible at dressing."
  " You can say that again!" giggled Leila.
       Everyone in the group started laughing. Arthur just excused himself and went to his tent. On his way. to his tent he heard that annoying voice in his head again.
      # See how you disgraced yourself in public. I always told you, you don't know how to dress!#
   "Whatever!"
   # You are so weird. Anyway, to improve your magic you need to buy a rank E Magic Book to practice.#
  " Okay. But please can you let me sleep!"
# Okay. Goodnight weirdo!#