•RICE CAKES•

>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<

Jin went into the kitchen and brought out the pot he had newly purchased.

He smiled when he switched on the stove without any difficulties and placed the pot on it.

He quickly opened it and searched for a rice cake recipe and kept it on the counter to follow it.

He had never cooked before. He had never been allowed to cook before.

Any time he would sneak into the kitchen, the chef would promptly complain to his mother who would in turn send him back to his room.

He poured milk according to the video and waited until it came to a slight simmer.

He jumped a little in happiness when he finally saw the little bubbles on the sides of the pot. He resumed the video which instructed him to put in sugar and stir until it dissolved.

He followed the measurements and added in the sugar, taking his brand new ladle and stirring it proudly.

Once he made sure that the sugar was dissolved, he resumed the video again.

It instructed him to add in equal amounts of glutinous rice flour and potato starch.

Jin cursed as he went back to the boxes and pulled everything out searching for the two bags. He should have arranged everything before cooking, but he was a bit too excited to wait.

He found the two bags in the third box and quickly brought it to the counter, panicking when he saw the milk boiling.

The video had specifically mentioned that the milk must not be boiled but only be brought to a light simmer.

He cut open the two packets with hurried hands. Once done he dumped in the rice flour in one go.

Wrong move. The weight of the rice flour made the pot to tilt to one side.

Jin did not have much time to rejoice about not spilling any milk as he put his hand forth to straighten the pot, burning his hand in the process.

Jin yelped loudly letting out a string of curses under his breath as he blew on his fingers.

He had to mix in the potato starch soon but he was busy searching for something to hold the pot.

"What the heck are you doing!?"

Jin looked up while nursing his right hand at Taehyung who had just entered the kitchen.

"I wanted to make rice cakes- you know the thing that you give when you newly move in"

Taehyung glanced at the pot sitting in an odd position on the stove, boiling away and then at the potato starch sitting on the counter top and then at Jin's fingers.