"Oh, my," I moan as I feel myself getting closer to orgasm. Then something happens. Nate suddenly stops. I'm about to ask him why when he captures my core in his mouth. I grab his hair in a tight fist as I feel his mouth sucking on my clitoris. He licks my inner walls before thrusting his tongue in and out of me. I can feel myself get closer the more he moves his tongue in and out.

"Nate!" I scream as I reach my climax, pulling on his hair, my legs shaking with ecstasy.

"Yes, baby," he says, smirking, lifting his head away from between my thighs. His whole mouth is covered in my juices. I pull him close to wipe my juices off his face and kiss him. Nate presses his body against mine, and I feel him hard against my core. I can't wait for the day when Nate and I get to finally mate. I'm sure the whole palace is going to hear me scream.

***

I don't know how many times Nate made me scream his name using his mouth and fingers today. I didn't even think someone could experience pleasure the way Nate satisfied me today. I offered to please him back, but he refused—at first.

I was able to convince him to let me the second time he was done with me. I felt terrible to be the only one having orgasms, so I tried my best and made sure he felt the same way I did—wonderfully satisfied. I'm sure I did a great job. My scalp can testify for me. He gripped it so hard I feared my hair would rip out.

"What are you reading?" Nate asks as he draws patterns on my bare stomach. We're lying naked in bed. It's difficult to stand up immediately after the energy-draining activity we shared. I picked up my phone to read a book while I waited for my body to recharge so I could take a shower.

"Just a human book."

"You love reading those," Nate says, burying his nose in the nape of my neck.

"They're interesting. It's so nice how they build feelings for someone from a mere crush all the way to love."

"Hmm, I see," Nate says, with his head in my hair. He rubs the tip of his nose up the back of my ear and down my shoulders.

"If we were human, I'm sure I'd be in love with you right now."

"I love you," Nate says, surprising me. I wonder what made him tell me that. I love the way it sounds coming from his mouth.

"I love you, too," I say, smiling. Because of the mate bond, I know I'm drawn to him, but I'm sure I'm in love with him. I can feel it in my heart. It's more than the mate bond. We've been through so much together, and things have been great ever since he stopped pushing me away.

***

After showering, I remain in my room to call Mom. It's been a while since I heard from her. It rings for a few minutes before she answers.

"Hi honey," Mom says.

"Hi Mom, how are you?"

"I'm good, dear, and you?"

"I'm very good. How is everything back there? I hope everyone is fine and safe."

"Don't worry, the vampires haven't attacked the pack. We're doing fine over here."

"That's good to hear. I plan to come and see you next week."

"Why, is something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong. I just miss you."

"You don't have to lie to me, dear. Tell me what's wrong."

"This is why you're my mother. You can tell something is off even through the phone. I'll tell you all about it when I see you. It's better we talk about it in person."