Chapter 15

Christin POV

Thursday, 9th April

9:30am

"Hey boss" I said as I saw Leila enter into the boutique.

"Not now Christin" she said angrily.

"Whoa, someone's in a grumpy mood this morning, grumpy cat" joked Terri. I looked at her with a 'seriously?' look on my face.

"Stop the shit Terri"

"Hey, it's not my fault she can't keep a decent man" I rolled my eyes and walked to the office. When I arrived at the door, I knocked on it waiting for her reply.

There was none but I entered anyway.

"Boss-" I cut myself off when I saw her crying and staring out the window with a bunch of tissues and turned over furniture around her.

I sighed. Poor Leila. 

"You okay?" I asked. The only response I got from her was a sniffle.

"Leila y-, whoa, what went on in here?" exclaimed Terri as she burst though the office. 

"Do you have any heart at all?" I scolded her. 

"Only on Mondays and Saturdays" she responded as if this was a joke . Bitch.

Jessae also entered the office but stopped when she saw the condition Leila was in "What"s wrong with her?" she whispered to Terri.

"What the hell do all of you want?" Leila shouted suddenly.

"We just came to see if you were alright" I said calmly.

"Well you all have eyes, as you can see, I'm not" she said as her voice broke.

"Help me clean up in here" I murmured to the other three.

We all separated around the room cleaning and placing everything back together. I cleaned up the tissues around Leila and on the desk, and I got her a bottle of water from the mini fridge in the corner of the room. "Lele" I started while gently placing my hand on her shoulder. 

"Don't waste time crying over nothing. You didn't even liked him anyway" I said. Jessae looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed and her arms flailing. "I-I-I mean-"

"It's okay Christin" she said wiping away her tears. "There wasn't even going to be a we" she said sipping her water. Amanda came into the room and sat on one of the chairs in front of the desk placing a white Styrofoam box and a filled cup on it. She smiled slightly at Leila pushing it towards her and Leila smiled back.

"And besides, let's be honest, if it were to happen, it wouldn't last because interracial couples in America? yeah, lets stop there. I'm not being a jackass or anything, but some people like to overdo their opinions or beliefs" explained Terri. 

"Please stop" I whispered.

"Because some people act like its a crime or something, and if you were with him, you might've made him poor because he would've lost employees and/or money in some of his businesses because of you"

"Shut the hell up" I whispered again closing my eyes"

"I'm not saying that it would but it might've happened"

"Shut-"

"Trust me, there are alot of really nice people out there, but the other people, yeah not really. They would judge you for soooo many things. If they were on a diet and you weren't, they would probably kill you for eating a freaking doughnut like-"