Chapter {2}

(Alex's POV)

Matthew guided me through the huge cafeteria until I was able to see a relatively small table and three people sitting there and laughing hysterically. I admit, they had a reason though.. You won't see everyday a kid with a bowl of spaghetti on his head..The other two were laughing their heads off, totally dismissing the fact that the kid was angrier with each passing second and throwing curses at his friends.

So we walked up to them and they stopped laughing at the poor kid. From the looks I've received, I'll assume I've had my first class with some of them. I managed not to smile proudly.

"Guys, this is Alex Storm." Matthew introduced me to his friends, waving his hand towards me. Of course if they would've had time to introduce themselves they would've spoke but the spaghetti kid got up from his seat totally dismissing the bowl on his head and in a second he was standing in front of me, wide eyes and looking interested.

"You are Alex Storm!" he shouted, scanning me and nodding to himself afterwards.

"Um.. yes?" My answer sounded more like a question because I was trying not to laugh at him . You have a bowl of spaghetti on your head and you expect a stranger to not laugh at you.. Impossible even for me.

"Dude, then let me tell you that  You. Are. Awesome!" he yelled again in my face, (I hope this kid knows how to talk normally) and he placed his hand on my shoulder, putting a good amount of his weight on me and some pastas. "I was in you class an hour ago, didn't you see me you son of a Sponge?!"

God help me. I opened my mouth to ask him if that was supposed to be an insult, but he cut me off by putting his finger on my lips. "Shh don't answer that, the baby turtles will hear you.. Anyway you do not know Mrs. Stewart! She likes to mess around with every new kid but youu.. My God you could state that unicorns are real and no one would question.. You. Tell. Me. Unicorns. Are. Real. Now."

I blinked a few times trying to comprehend what was this crazy boy saying but I failed . I also failed to refrain myself from laughing any longer so I burst out laughing and along with others and judging from his questioning face he didn't know why are we laughing at him. Difficult deduction indeed..

"Okay.. Josh sit down before you make a completely fool of yourself even more that you already did." A girl spoke loudly enough for Josh to hear and surprised me by making Josh to actually listen to her after he scoffed of course.

"We heard lots of things about you Alex, I am Sandra." The brunette girl addressed to me, but what surprised me was that this girl could pass easily as a boy due to her haircut, her tone of voice, her clothes.. her entire appearance.

"Janette." A frail girl spoke in a tiny voice, barely making eye contact with me. All this time Sandra had Laurette's hand in hers and how is she looking at her.. O-Okay..

Matthew and I sat down and I somehow ended staying near Josh, the pasta kid. And judging by his look, you could tell he was growing eager, only because he wanted to ask me to present myself.. or he was going to say something stupid.

As I predicted, Josh opened his mouth Sandra cut him off. '' So, I heard you did quite a scene..'' She stated, her tone approving .

''Eh that was nothing..'' I replied, smirking. ''Why do you think I have switched schools? If you stick around for a good amount of time you'll see.''

''But still, Mrs Stewart is one of the most strict teachers around here.. I'm surprised she didn't send you to the principle's office.'' Sandra sent me a knowing look.

''I have.. an experience you can call it.'' I said, flashing everyone a sad smile. ''And a quick temper because I can't stand being messed around with and I always defend my beliefs. Such as sciences progress.. I disagree with that and I'm not afraid to admit it.''