day 22: wearing onesies

day 22!! woot!

the twins are seven months old here (yes, again. sorry :p )

enjoy!

—————

Janis carefully creeps up the stairs to her bedroom. It's about the twins' bedtime, and she doesn't want to interrupt any of her wife's efforts to get them to sleep. She smiles when she pushes the door open and sees the scene there. Cady is lying on her side to nurse Layla, while Leo lies in the middle of the bed telling what is clearly a very important story. Cady's eyes are closed peacefully as she cradles the back of Layla's head to keep her close.

"Hey," Janis greets quietly, not wanting to ruin the moment. "Whatcha doing?"

Cady opens her eyes slowly and reaches for her with her free arm. Janis lies on her side of the bed and turns on her side as well, so the babies are cocooned between them.

"Just hanging out," Cady whispers. "Feeding this little girl."

Janis grins happily. "You guys are cute."

"Thanks," Cady chuckles. "How was your show?"

Janis had had a late night art exhibit. She really wanted to attend, but only did so after much coaxing from her wife and reassurance that Cady could handle the babies alone for one night. "It was nice. I got a lot of attention, I should have a few new commissions over the next little while. I missed you guys though."

"We missed you too," Cady says with a chuckle. "Bath time was a little hectic without you."

Janis gently kisses Leo's soft curls. "They seem fine. Smell good. You must've done a good job. How were they?"

"Our little angels," Cady replies. Janis relaxes slightly. At least Cady didn't have to deal with two cranky babies all alone. "Do you want to get Leo in her jammies for me?"

Janis nods and prepares to head to grab some from the dresser, but Cady stops her before she can open the drawer.

"I might've bought them new pajamas when I went out today," she says sheepishly. "They're in a bag there."

Janis heads to look by the side of the dresser and sees the mentioned bag. "I see more than baby pajamas here, babes."

"I got us matching ones!" Cady says happily. "There's even some for Daffy and Ellie!"

"I am not wearing Christmas pajamas," Janis refuses, pulling out the two smallest onesies. She does have to admit they're adorable. The red and white stripes are almost candy-cane like, and the green trim just adds another level of Christmassy. The baby ones have little reindeer feet, but the adult ones just taper at the ankle.

"Not even for us?" Cady pouts. "I thought it could be a tradition."

Janis tries her best to resist the puppy eyes, but, as always, has to give in. "Fine."

"Yay," Cady cheers quietly. "Come back, we miss you."

Janis chuckles and comes back to the bed, tugging Leo where she needs her by her little feet. "Are you telling Mama a story? You tell very good stories!"

Leo coos happily and kicks her legs at her.

"Yeah, my sweet girl," Janis hums. "Let's get you in your goofy little pajamas."

"Hey," Cady scolds. "I got the least dorky ones they have."

"I'm joking," Janis says. "And we have the cutest little munchkins of all time anyway, so it doesn't matter. Huh, Bee?"