day 14: decorating

day 14!! getting closer every day, folks!!

the twins are seven months old here!

enjoy!!

—————

"Caddy?" Janis asks while Cady feeds the twins their breakfast.

"Hmm?"

"It's the fourteenth."

"Oh. Yay," Cady says happily. She smiles down at the babies. "You two are already seven whole months old! You're growing so fast, oh my goodness!"

"They're so pretty," Janis says quietly, inching closer and resting her head on Cady's shoulder. "Like, I know every mom thinks they have the cutest baby in the world, but they're so beautiful."

"They look like you," Cady says quietly. "Especially now that they've gotten a little bigger. Their features are easier to piece out."

"They still have those blue eyes, though," Janis says happily. "Baby blues."

"They are beautiful," Cady agrees. "We made these."

"You did a substantial amount more than me," Janis chuckles. "But yeah, we did. We made some perfect little ones."

Layla apparently decides she's finished and breaks away, looking up at her moms with a little wiggle and happy sound. Cady picks her up and props her against her shoulder. "Yeah, we're talking about you, happy girl! Are you ready for your pictures?"

"Aaah!" Layla squeals excitedly. Cady laughs and starts to burp her.

"Who am I kidding, you're always ready."

—-

Cady gets the babies dressed while Janis heads downstairs to get the backdrop sorted out.

"Aww, girls!" Janis coos when she turns around to see what Cady has done to them. They're in soft white onesies that say 'My First Christmas' in gold letters. Cady paired it with some adorable thigh-high socks, one red and one green; and small gold bow headbands as a finishing touch. "You look so cute!"

"So does this backdrop," Cady grins. Janis has laid their usual plushy white blanket out on the ground and made a large number seven out of ornaments (with all hooks and other hazards removed) in the middle of it. "It's perfect."

Janis helps get the babies laid out on their respective side while Cady goes to get their name boards so they can tell them apart. She returns to Leo back in Janis' arms and Layla several inches away from the blanket on her belly.

"They're getting so wiggly," Janis chuckles. "Won't stay put."

Cady laughs and retrieves Layla, putting her back in her spot. Janis puts Leo back down as well and they both scramble for their phones before they run off again.

Leo giggles happily at her moms and starts chewing on her little feet. Layla is more of an action person and flips herself onto her belly to make her escape again.

"Where you going?" Cady chuckles. "You keep running away. You don't want to take your pictures? Mommy and I want to see how much you're growing! Come back here, goofy."

Layla giggles as Cady flips her back over and positions her properly. Cady snaps some cute pictures rapid fire to try and get as many usable ones as she can. Leo cooperates, content to nibble on her toes and smile for the camera. Layla continues trying to escape, but stays put long enough for Cady to get a few cute pictures.

"There we go! Good job, girls!" Cady says when she's satisfied with her quantity of pictures. Layla is finally allowed to roll wherever she wants, and Janis picks up a bent Leo who refuses to let go of her foot. "We should really do some more decorating, Jay, we don't have anything up yet."