day 7: binging christmas movies

day seven woooooo!!!

the twins are four here!!

enjoy!

—————

"Mommy?"

"Yeah, Ladybug?" Janis says, turning around as her four year old heads into her studio.

"Do you have any old socks?" Layla asks. Janis puts her brush behind her ear and beckons her daughter over.

"Why?"

"I can't tell you," Layla says as Janis picks her up. "It's a surp'ise."

"Oh boy," Janis says. "Mama got rid of most of our old clothes when we cleaned the house last time. But I'll take you and Lolo to go buy some cheap ones you can use for whatever you're planning after dinner, okay?"

Layla nods happily as Janis puts her back down. Janis grins as she runs out of the room and then comes right back.

"What about old paint?"

—————

Janis tries to get hints about what her daughters are scheming as they go on a little family shopping trip for supplies. It seems to be an art project, given the things they ask for, so Janis is content to buy them whatever they need. Cady is rather more concerned, but just quietly walks along holding Janis' hand and smiling as their twins run around the craft aisle.

"Everything done?" she asks when the twins finally stop darting off in different directions. They both nod and peek into the cart to make sure they have everything they supposedly need.

"Yeah."

"Okay, let's go home. You two need a bath and then bed," Cady says.

"But-"

"You can start whatever you're planning tomorrow," Cady says, crouching down to their height and kissing their cheeks. "I promise. And maybe you'll have some new wonderful ideas to add to it while you sleep, hm?"

"Oh," Leo says. "Yeah."

Cady grins as they both consider it and nod. "Yeah. Okay, come on, let's go home."

Leo reaches for her as she stands back up, so Cady picks her up and carries her to the checkout. Layla stands on the base of the cart and laughs as Janis runs through the aisles to give her an exciting ride.

—————

"Mama?" Layla asks as she brings her breakfast plate to the sink.

"Yes, Bug?"

"Can we watch The Grinch?"

"Girls, we've watched The Grinch every day this week," Cady replies with a chuckle. "What about a different movie?"

"No thank you," Leo says, bringing her own dishes over. "Grinch, please."

"Alright," Cady says in confusion. "If you really want to watch it again we can."

"Yes!" the twins both yell, running over to the living room to get everything set up. Janis returns from the restroom and looks around in confusion.

"What's going on?"

"Apparently we're watching The Grinch again," Cady says, scrubbing a plate clean. "They're adamant."

"Huh," Janis hums. "Alright then."

—-

They're only more confused when each of their daughters has a notepad and pencil. Neither of them know how to write anything other than their names on their own, but they scribble down... something, as the movie goes on and watch intently.