day 19: making special breakfast

day 19!! less than a week to go D:

the twins are one in this one!

enjoy!!

————-

"Good morning, little loves," Cady greets quietly as she tiptoes into the nursery to wake her babies up.

"Hi Mama," Leo says happily, standing up and blinking as her eyes adjust to the light Cady flips on.

"Hi, Bumblebee," Cady coos, giving her some sweet kisses before picking her out of her crib and carrying her over to be changed. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," Leo says.

"Good," Cady grins, kissing her little nose and carrying her back to be exchanged for her sister. "Good morning, my little Ladybug."

"Hi!" Layla chirps. Cady gently puts her down and hushes her.

"We have to be quiet, okay? Mommy's still sleeping, we don't want to wake her up," she explains.

"Why?" Layla asks, much quieter than before.

"We're gonna make a special breakfast for her," Cady says.

"Why?" Layla asks again.

"Just because," Cady shrugs, using the hand sanitizer next to her and throwing the old diapers in the garbage. "Mommy loves us so much, and always works so hard to make sure we're happy. Sometimes it's nice to do something kind to say thank you."

The twins both think this over and nod. "Yeah."

"Yeah," Cady grins. She grabs Leo again and carries both of them down the stairs. "Okay, let's wash our hands first."

She sits each twin on either side of the kitchen sink and rinses their little hands before giving them each a bit of soap. Cady follows suit with her own hands, scrubbing away all the germs so the smalls have a good example to follow.

They giggle happily at the warm water to rinse the soap away, and again when Cady gently takes a rag to dry their chubby little hands off.

"Okay, let's feed you little monkeys first, hm? What do you want to eat?"

"Po'cown," Layla says.

"Popcorn? That's not breakfast," Cady laughs. "Maybe we can watch a movie with Mommy today and we'll have some popcorn then."

"Hab berries?" Leo asks. "P'ease?"

"Good manners, baby love," Cady praises. "Let's go see what berries we have."

She helps her daughters off the counter and smiles as they toddle over to the fridge to peek inside.

"Okay, we have blueberries and strawberries, which one do you want?"

"Burbellies, p'ease Mama," Layla says, standing on her tippy toes to see.

"Blueberries, okay," Cady giggles. She can't quite bring herself to correct her pronunciation. That can wait until they're a little bit older. "What do you think, Bee? Blueberries sound like a good breakfast?" Leo nods, so Cady grabs the package and closes the fridge behind her. She smiles to herself as her two little ducklings follow her back to the sink.

Cady gives the whole package of blueberries a thorough wash off with warm water before she carries it over to the counter and lifts the twins back up onto it to share them.

"What do you think we should make for Mommy's breakfast?" she asks, popping a blueberry in her mouth and smiling as her little ones follow suit.

"Uhm... eggies," Layla says.