Chapter 8: Jay

Trigger Warning: Surgery

Bronze Colored Heart

Chapter 8

Jay

Echo and Kate cheered loudly having successfully preformed their plan flawlessly. Echo wasn't to sure how to pilot the Bounty at all, his fingers had shook so bad as they took the wheel, and Kate pushed the flight button.

Kate hadn't left his side though since they took off a few moments ago. He expected he was her fear of ships, and probably heights because of the wreck. He looked around at her for a moment realizing that she was smiling as she looked on past the clouds. But her smile faltered for a moment while she watched the ninja swing on board from the anckor. Echo looked out over the wheel to see them pulling Jays unconscious form over the side. Blood soaking the front of his Gi.

"Jay..." Echo whispered running out of the wheelhouse. His first friend was laying dying on the deck. When both Echo and Kate ran out they could hear Lloyd clearer. He looked up Kai.

"Call Borg!" He yelled.

"Whats he going to do? Make him into a robot?!" Kai argued back at him. Echo looked amazed for a moment when the screen turned on and Borgs face appeared seemingly on its own accord.

"Pixal what is it?" He rubbed his eyes having probably been awoken from a dead sleep.

"We have an emergency." Pixal said from her little spot on the side of the screen. "Jay has been injured."

"Injured!"

Cole walked in carrying Jay in his arms. Lloyd and Kai pushed everything off the table not caring what it was or if it broke. Jay was laid down on the table trying to make him comfortable.

"Oh dear, what happened?"

"Pirates." Lloyd offered looking up at the man. "We need you to advice us. I know you're an engineer, but you are the only one who we know that is knowledgeable in the medical field." Lloyd said. Borg nodded his head and looked down at the patient.

"I can't do much on my side sadly. Is their anyone among you that is alright with the sight of the inside of a body?" Borg asked them. Kate pointed at Echo.

"Echo stitched me up after the wreck a few days ago. He did a beautiful job." She said showing her arm. Borg nodded looking to where she was pointing. Echo stepped forward slightly shy seeing the huge screen in front of him.

"Their is no need to be shy my boy." He said pointing to Jay. "He needs to your help."

Echo looked down at Jay and shook his head and looked around at his brother who put his hand on his shoulder.

"I'll stay with you." He offered as support.

"Alright everyone he's going to need hot water, blankets, sheets, towels, first aid kit, anything you can use to stitch it up, some super glue, and duct tape." Borg said watching everyone in the room run off to get said items. Echo walked out of the room to wash his hands. Some clean gloves from the first aid kid was given to him.

"You must be Zanes younger brother. I'm Cyrus Borg I created Pixal." He said gesturing to the young android in the small frame on the picture.

"I do not think we have been properly introduced. I am your brothers girlfriend."

"Girlfriend!" He had heard this term many times in books he had read of his fathers. "You have a girlfriend?" Echo said with a huge smile.

"Yes." He blushed helping his brother pull the Gi off Jay.