Chapter 41 First Official Event

Start from the beginning

          "You're up son!" Xavier's dad's voice rang out and cut our moment short.

           I smoothed down the skirt of my dress, praying that there were no hunger winkles and that I didn't have any sweat stains, and hen took Xavier's outstretched hand.

          We walked out from behind the little covered area beside the new gym, and into the front of a small group of people.

          "It is with my immense pleasure as your new official Alpha of the Midnight Moon pack, that I, and your Luna," Xavier gave my hand a quick squeeze. "Officially open the new gym to all pack members for use and training."

           There was a short round of applause and some guy even yelled out in celebration how excited he was.

          "You do the honours," Xavier sent me over mind link pushing a pair of scissors into my hand.

          There was a large red ribbon tied around the front doors that needed to be cut before the gym was actually open.

          I dropped Xavier's hand and then flashed the awaiting crowd a quick smile before cutting the ribbon in half before stepping aside and letting everyone else through.

          Another few people clapped and that was it.

          Now I'm not too sure what I was worried about in the first place, all I had to do was stand there, smile, and cut a ribbon. I could do that.

          "See," Xavier kissed my cheeks as people walked past us and into the new gym. "You did amazing like I knew you would."

          "If all the rest of the events that I have to attend are like this, then I will gladly come and not complain," I joked halfway serious.

          "It'll also get a lot easier once you start to know everyone in the pack and see that they all love you," Xavier wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close to him as people walked past and smiled gently at us.

          "Smile!" Mrs. Black yelled out before snapping a few photos and blinding me with the camera flash.

          One thing I learned about Xavier's mom was that she loved to take photos of everything and anything. I was already dreading the next photo album that she was making, I already know that it included a photo of me with double-chins.

          "Congratulations on your first official event, son," a deep, gravelly voice spoke up from behind us.

           I jumped in Xavier's hold and nearly knocked into Mrs. Black before whipping my head around to find the source of the voice.

          A man who looked old enough to be my grandpa was standing a few feet behind Xavier and me, dressed head to toe in what looked like a sort of magical robe. It was dark blue and had small specks of silver and gold scattered through it that caught my eye. He had a kind face and looked like he had just shaven. He wasn't the type of person that I would be surprised to see with a full-length white beard.

          "I'm glad that you could make it Mr. Thomas," Xavier replied politely. "I was very sorry to hear that you were feeling unwell and were not able to make it to the official ceremony."

          "Sadly my health isn't what it once was," Mr. Thomas said. "But I thought that I at least had to make it out today to finally meet the new official Alpha and Luna of the pack."

          "That's very sweet of you," Mrs. Black said softly.

          "I was hoping to have a word with the new Luna in private?" Mr. Thomas raised a thick, grey eyebrow at me.

          Judging by the way that Xavier and his mom were speaking to him, he was clearly a very important person in the pack that I did not want to make mad.

          "Of course," I rushed out before Xavier could reply first. I turned my head slightly to flash my mate a quick smile before taking a step forward to meet Mr. Thomas and go have some kind of talk with him.

          I could feel my heart rate pick back up as I slowly followed him to where Xavier and I were waiting before the new gym was to open.

          We stopped walking and stood in the small clearing, a wide smile spread across Mr. Thomas' face, but it didn't meet his eyes.

Hi loves!
I hope that you
are all doing well
this week!

I'm so sorry for not
uploading last
week, but school
has been crazy lately
and completely
taken my motivation
to write.

But I was reading all your sweet
messages and comments
and it filled my heart
so of course I had to upload.
This chapter ends off on a
bit of a cliffhanger about
what Mr. Thomas is going
to tell Addison.
What do you think he wants to say?

Also, I will be uploading
new chapter to both my
other stories!
So please keep an eye out for that!

Until next time,
G❤️