Everything here is moderate yet satisfying.

I settle on a bench to observe the town, however, someone was missing, "Mr Kim?" I ask, just now he was with me, right?

"Wait- Where is Mr Kim?" I start to panic.

Why? Why isn't he here?

Someone sits besides me and I immediately exhale deeply because it is Mr Kim.

"I'm always with you, in here." He points his finger on my chest, "You never knew how the universe is going to grant your wish so keep your faith, try again."

As his words come to end, the whole world starts shaking like earthquake, his silhouette turns vague-

"No, don't go! I can't do this alone!" I beg him desperately, almost crying.

I reach out, I want to hug him but nothing, there is nothing I can hold onto...

Please I don't want to go back to the world where he doesn't exist anymore.

"Taehyun-ah, you have woken up long time ago. Grow up, learn from the past. Present is all you have, the source of joy and misery is already within you, make your choice..."

His soothing voice faded, replaced by chirps of morning birds and the warmth of sunshine embracing the boy.

After dark (ay)

Another hope

In anticipation of a new beginning

Open your closed eyes

You and I are connected

Even if a bigger crisis comes

We are here

Wake up

(lyrics from TXT – EYES)

Taehyun squinted his eyes a few times before opening them entirely. The blinding sunshine surged through the window reminded him the sun had never abandoned them.

It orbited to the other side of the globe but rose again to his side.

Although Namjoon might be on the other side, he was sure one day they would meet again.

Death could separate them physically, but not the strong connection between them.

Because Taehyun himself was his legacy, he himself validated all the teachings and love from Namjoon.

The boy yawned lazily, shifting a bit as he rubbed the yet to dry tears around his eyes. He felt warmth generating under him like a big heater- oh he was pressing against another body all the time.

Beneath him, a sleeping beauty was resting peacefully with soft snores. Taehyun's little head on his chest rose and fell in the same rhythm.

Beomgyu's eyes were red and puffy too, he looked extremely tired- and used. It gave birth to more guilt in the younger boy.

"Sorry..." Taehyun whispered although the other couldn't hear him, his fingers caressed his bruised lips and the red bites on his neck endearingly.

Beomgyu sacrificed himself in the midst of their grief, allowing Taehyun to cross the line as he assimilated his emotions. He almost hurt the older with his violent move.

Taehyun could imprison himself with tough walls, only to be shattered by the boy called Choi Beomgyu. He made him realize this world was not just heartbreak and frustration. It's also filled with people who accepted him, cared about him and gave him hugs.

Least to say it felt safe to cry in his arms, this warm and fuzzy feeling was not only from flesh but spawning from his heart as well.

When Beomgyu left with his mother, Taehyun wanted him to stay, more than anyone else. Deep inside the fighter of him, it was love, an intimate relationship that he craved for.

Taehyun snuggled up, carefully not to wake the other up. He just wanted to see his face as sunlight illuminated his features. Even in weary state, Beomgyu was beautiful, just so effortlessly being beautiful there.

Taehyun was definitely not a fan of romance, he had never committed in a relationships, nor did he care.

Love and attention?

In the past, he could scoff it off.

It still surprised him how simple it was, to feel that strong emotion for someone. He didn't know how to make up for him but he vowed to cherish him from now on.

"Sleep tight, my princess." He pecked him gently on his forehead, this time, not for lust but full of love.

When he finally left the cozy bed, Beomgyu was still sleeping, or he thought so.

Taehyun found the clothes prepared by Beomgyu last night and changed to it.

He sniffed in his own scent- wow he really smelled like trash, a cold shower was on urgency.

Before that, he still had a few things to take care of.

He crouched down and picked up the glasses with tissue papers, how Beomgyu shouted at him still lingered his ears.

After he cleared the floor, he placed his only photo with Namjoon on the table.

He woke up, because Namjoon opened his eyes to the truth of the world-

He grew up, in fighting and losing-

What should he do next?

Because no one needed to go through the sh*ts he experienced, and Namjoon even left a message for him-

He collected himself as he eyed the small paper on the same table-

"I'm ready-"

He unrolled it, expecting to see a letter but it wasn't-

It was a-

Map