Lupin

(A/N) Not even gonna lie to you, I straight just copy+pasted pretty much the entire conversation between Black, Lupin, and Pettigrew. I was not writing it all out, fuck that, but I did change the Quotation Marks from the single ' to the " because for some reason the books I refer to have the single quotation marks, oddly spaced ellipses, the use of a single period in the place where a comma is better used, and instead of being like 'such and such asked' it'll be 'said such and such' if a question is being asked. I don't know why this is, but if you see one of those, just assume I missed it. If you don't like that I copied and pasted, sue me. No regerts!

"Sorted things out!?" Pettigrew squealed, looking wildly about him, as though looking for escape, "I knew he'd come after me! I knew he'd be back for me! I've been waiting for this for twelve years!"

"You knew Sirius was going to break out of Azkaban?" Lupin asked with a furrowed brow, "when nobody has ever done it before?"

"He's got Dark Powers the rest of us can only dream of," Pettigrew shouted shrilly, "except maybe that boy," he pointed to (Y/N), but faltered under the glare he was being given by said boy.

"And where are you saying I learned these 'Dark Powers' huh? Your old master, Voldemort?" Black asked and he flinched upon hearing name, "What, scared to hear his name? I don't blame you, Peter," Black said with an evil smirk in his direction, laughing a bit as well, "His lot aren't very happy with you, are they?"

"Don't know - what you mean, Sirius," Pettigrew muttered under his breath, which was growing faster with each breath taken. His face was now practically shining with sweat.

"You haven't been hiding from me for twelve years," Black said, "You've been hiding from Voldemort's old supporters. I heard things in Azkaban, Peter... they all think you're dead, or you'd have to answer to them... I've heard them screaming all sorts of things in their sleep. Sounds like they think the double-crosser double-crossed them. Voldemort went to the Potters' on your information... and Voldemort met his downfall there. And not all Voldemort's supporters ended up in Azkaban, did they? There are still plenty out here, biding their time, pretending they've seen the error of their ways... If they ever got wind that you were still alive, Peter-"

"Don't know... what you're talking about..." said Pettigrew again, more shrill than ever. He wiped his face on his sleeve and looked up at Lupin. "You don't believe this - this madness, Remus-"

"I must admit, Peter, I have difficulty in understanding why an innocent man would want to spend twelve years as a rat," said Lupin evenly.

"Innocent, but scared!" squealed Pettigrew. "If Voldemort's supporters were after me, it was because I put one of their best men in Azkaban – the spy, Sirius Black!"

Black's face contorted, "How dare you," he growled, sounding suddenly like the bear-sized dog he had been. "I, a spy for Voldemort? When did I ever sneak around people who were stronger and more powerful than myself? But you, Peter – I'll never understand why I didn't see you were the spy from the start. You always liked big friends who'd look after you, didn't you? It used to be us... me and Remus... and James..."

Pettigrew wiped his face again; he was almost panting for breath, "Me, a spy... must be out of your mind... never... don't know how you can say such a–"

"Lily and James only made you Secret Keeper because I suggested it," Black hissed, so venomously that Pettigrew took a step backwards. "I thought it was the perfect plan... a bluff... Voldemort would be sure to come after me, would never dream they'd use a weak, talentless thing like you... it must have been the finest moment of your miserable life, telling Voldemort you could hand him the Potters."

"Professor Lupin?" Hermione asked, "Can I say something?"

"Certainly, Hermione," said Lupin courteously.