Lost and Found

(A/N) So, this isn't exactly a happy Chapter until the very end, but believe me when I say that wasn't my initial intent, but I kept writing what I did, and I liked it, even if it is sad and angsty. I hate including this here, but I have to, just for a ⚠️ Warning ⚠️ And no warning going forth, just expect Angst, Tragedy, or Sorrow at any point. As always, I hope you enjoy :)

Real quick, throwing this in here just before I update it, but this is going up Midnight EST to let y'all know that for now, because of how work is going, I will be uploading every Thursday between 7AM-9AM EST until it gets back under control. So for now, until the book is done, expect uploads every Thursday :)

The summer for (Y/N) had been spent doing lots of research on the place, which came after doing his summer assignments for the next year. He had Owled Hermione like he told her he would, and when she Owled back, she was so gracious to know he was okay. She had already gotten started on her summer work and was almost done, he didn't tell her that he was already done with them.

One thing that was at Merlin's Tower was a pouch that had a near infinite space inside. He gladly took that with him; one would never know when something like that could come in handy.

It was now nearing the Middle of August and (Y/N) had told Hermione he'd be in Diagon Alley on the last day of the month to buy his new books, as what he was doing at Merlin's Tower was too great to take time off of. As he was flipping through pieces of his summer work, just to make sure he had gotten it all done and done correctly, there sat a piece of paper; a form that required a signature. It was a form to be allowed to go to Hogsmeade as Third Years and up were allowed to go, but only if they got a parent or guardian to sign it. (Y/N), having neither, began to contemplate ways he could be allowed to go without the need of the form being signed.

It put him in quite the frustrating position, because he was unable to find a way around this. He wasn't able to ask Merlin anymore, not that he would have been able to sign it when he wasn't in the portrait. He sighed heavily, and decided he wouldn't ever be going to Hogsmeade.

His mood for the rest of the day had been soured and he stopped looking over his summer work, calling done as done could get. He looked at his wand as it sat on the table beside all of the papers and books he had strewn out in front of him. "Merlin?" He looked up at the portrait of a sleeping Merlin. It was late into the night, and (Y/N) had a few candles lit for ambient lighting. "Merlin!" He said louder and the portrait of Merlin awoke with a startle.

"Yes? What is so important that you had to wake me?" He asked in a groggy voice.

"I know I'm far away from any Muggles, but is the Ministry able to track me here if I use magic?" (Y/N) asked him.

"Certainly not. Even before your Ministry was put into place, there were ways of tracking magic use, so I put together an anti-trace barrier around the perimeter of the Tower. It only extends by about Fifty Meters in every direction, but that is more than enough, I'd say," Merlin answered happily.

"Alright, thank you for your knowledge and wisdom as usual. I'll let you sleep now," (Y/N) said and went into the bedroom, deciding that he should go to bed as well.

*******

When the Thirty-first had arrived, (Y/N) had told (P/N) he'd be back sometime later, and he left the window open so she could go do Raven things, whatever those were. He grabbed some floo powder, stepped into the fireplace, bid Merlin farewell for now, and said, "Leaky Cauldron!" And tossed the powder downward. He was engulfed in a green flame and taken straight to the Leaky Cauldron, greeting Tom as he stepped out. He didn't see Hermione, Harry, or Ron, but he didn't really expect to. If anything they'd already be in Diagon Alley buying their supplies.