Another Fraud? Another Dangerous Creature?

When the four of them made their way to the Great Hall the following morning for breakfast, the first thing they saw was Draco Malfoy, entertaining a group of Slytherin with a hilarious story. As they passed, Malfoy did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and a roar of laughter followed.

"Ignore them, Harry," Hermione said. She looked back at Malfoy and realized that he wasn't making fun of (Y/N). It was either because he was afraid to, or Neville didn't tell anyone what happened to him, 'Probably afraid of (Y/N) being angry with him.' "Just ignore him, he's not worth it," she said, urging him forward.

"Hey, Potter!" Shrieked a Third Year Slytherin girl, Pansy Parkinson. She had the face of a pug, but somehow managed to not be anywhere near as adorable, "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Wooooooo!"

They all plopped down into the seats next to the Twin Weasley's, "I swear, all the Third Year Slytherin are either stupid, or childish," (Y/N) said, paying them no more mind.

Fred passed them all some sheets of paper, "Third Year timetables, McGonagall asked us to give them to you four."

"What's up with you, Harry?" George asked.

"Malfoy,"Ron said, glaring over there.

George looked up to see Malfoy pretending to faint again in a dramatized manner, "That little git," he replied calmly, "he wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down at our end of the train."

"Nearly wet himself he did," Fred said with a contemptuous glance over at the despicable Slytherin.

"I wasn't too happy myself, honestly," George said, looking back at Malfoy a second longer, "Horrible things those Dementors are."

"Sort of freezes your insides, don't they?" Fred asked them.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" Harry asked in a low, bitter voice.

"Forget it, Harry," George said bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been. He came back all weak and shaking... They suck the happiness right out of a place... most of the prisoners go mad in there."

"Anyway, we'll see how Malfoy looks after our First Quidditch match," Fred said with a smirk on his face, "Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?"

"I can't wait to see them get stomped into the ground. The Quidditch Cup is ours this year, I can feel it," (Y/N) said, enthusiastic about it.

Hermione, sitting beside (Y/N), was examining their new timetables, "Oh, good, we're starting some new subjects today," she said happily.

"Are we?" (Y/N) asked, looking at his own, "indeed we are."

Ron snatched their timetables from across the table from them when they were busy taking bites of their food, "Hermione... (Y/N)..."

"Give those back, Ronald!" Hermione said, trying to reach over and get them back.

"They've messed up your timetables. Look-" he pointed out an inconsistency, "-they've got you both down for about... Ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time."

"We'll manage. We've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall," Hermione said in between grunts, still trying to get them back.

"But look," Ron still held them out of reach, and laughed as he did, "see this morning? Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, Nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And-" Ron leaned into the paper closer to confirm he wasn't seeing things, "- look, underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I know you both are good, but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?"