The Patronus Charm and another Quidditch Win

(Y/N) was sitting in the Common Room a couple of days later, glancing up every now and then at the Portrait hole, waiting to see if Hermione would walk through. She seemed to arise much earlier than usual and return much later than usual. He would wait up until she got back, but he would fall asleep before she did come back, if she came back.

Harry and Ron came down from the Dormitory and he looked over at them, glaring at them both, but mainly Ron. Harry at least had good reason to be upset with Hermione, it was his broom she had confiscated to be checked for jinxes and such, but Ron? He was angry at Hermione just because it was a glorious broom. Ron had no right to be angry at Hermione as much as he was.

They bypassed him and went straight out of the Common Room. That was fine with him, because he didn't want to look at them right now. He didn't even want to look at or be himself right then. He wanted to apologize to Hermione, but since she was avoiding him, it wasn't easy to do so.

He was thankful when everyone returned from break, maybe he'd have better luck finding her if she thought she could sneak through the crowds. He heard Oliver walk up to Harry that evening, "Had a good Christmas?" He asked. (Y/N) didn't know why he bothered, because he went straight into the next thing without waiting for an answer, "I've been doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After the last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one... I mean... we can't afford you to - well-" Wood broke off, looking awkward.

Did Oliver forget (Y/N) was the Reserve Seeker? Because he was feeling forgotten right then, "I'm working on it," Harry had said quickly, "Professor Lupin said he'd train me and (Y/N) to ward the Dementors off. We should be starting this week; he said he'd have time after Christmas."

"Ah," Wood said, sounding a bit relieved. Oliver then looked over at the boy in question, "(Y/N), I don't want you to think that I've forgotten about you, but... well... with the one-eye, I'm not exactly sure how well you'll do in an actual match, you know?"

"Sure," he responded sarcastically, not even looking up from a book he was looking at regarding dangerous Hippogriffs.

"Have you ordered a new broom yet?" He heard Oliver ask Harry.

"No," Harry said simply.

"What!? You'd better get a move on, you know - if you want to play the next game. (Y/N) will have to fill in for you if you don't-" Oliver was about to go on a tangent, but Ron stopped him.

"He got a Firebolt for Christmas," the Ginger prat said.

"A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A - a real Firebolt?" Oliver was pretty much in shock.

"Don't get too excited, Oliver," Harry was about to drop the bombshell, "I haven't got it any more. It was confiscated," Harry then proceeded to tell Oliver why.

"Jinxed? How could it be jinxed?"

"Sirius Black," Harry said wearily, "He's supposed to be after me. So McGonagall reckons he might have sent it."

Wood waved aside the information of a famous murderer being after his Main Seeker, he said, "But Black couldn't have bought a Firebolt! He's on the run! The whole country's on the lookout for him! How could he just walk into Quality Quidditch Supplies and buy a broomstick?"

"I know," Harry said glumly, "but McGonagall still wanted to strip it down-"

Oliver paled when (Y/N) looked up at them, "I'll go and talk to her, Harry," he promised, but it wouldn't do any good, "I'll make her see reason... a Firebolt... a real Firebolt, on our team... she wants Gryffindor to win as much as we do... I'll make her see sense... a Firebolt..."