The Headmaster's Answer

(A/N) I had zero intention of uploading this today, but just because my day has gone fucking wrong Thirteen different ways from Sunday, doesn't mean y'all should have one as well, if you in fact are having one. I hope this can make up for it. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep now :D

No one in Gryffindor Tower went back to bed that night, not with Black still being searched about in the castle. (Y/N) did go back up and retrieve his eye-patch, having it in place before he came back down the stairs. Professor McGonagall had arrived back at dawn to tell them all that Black had escaped again.

Everywhere they had gone the next day, they saw added security in the castle. Flitwick was teaching the front doors to recognize large portraits of Sirius Black; Filch was seen bustling up and down corridors, boarding up any and every tiny crack in the castle. Sir Cadogan had been sacked and his portrait was moved back where it belonged on the Seventh Floor. The Fat Lady was back and her portrait was expertly restored. She came back on the condition of getting extra security, which was in the form of trolls. (Y/N) remembered the one Troll from First Year, and he hoped none of them had to come to the same fate as that one.

At breakfast that morning, (Y/N) was sitting with Hermione when he heard Neville squeak from the other end of the table. He looked and saw that the round faced boy had gotten a Howler from his grandmother. He quickly ran with it out of the Great Hall and it went off in the Entrance Hall; his grandmother's voice was booming and telling him how much of a disgrace he was to the family name.

"That poor boy..." he said, turning back to his food. Hermione was picking at her food as she continued reading a book. He looked over and read a piece of it, "Oh... dammit..." he said.

"What?" Her attention was on him, her concern growing.

"That's why you've been seemingly swamped with work lately... Buckbeak's case... Hermione I-" he started but she cut him off.

"Don't worry about it. You've been busy as of late, so don't worry about it," she eased his mind and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I still could've helped... or something..." he set his fork down, looking at her.

Her hand was still on his shoulder as she spoke, "You worry none about it, alright? I've got it covered," she smiled at him.

"But I made a promise to Hagrid that I would help, and I haven't. The trial is soon, right? I'll help you until Hagrid leaves for London with Buckbeak," he promised her.

Hermione felt her face burn a bit, "I-If you're sure..."

"Of course. You're my best friend, I'll do whatever I can to help you," he pulled her into a side-hug, which got a laugh out of her.

As it was a Sunday, they had no classes, so he and Hermione were able to go to the Library and peruse the Magical Creatures section. They found plenty of things that Hagrid could use, but it was fully up to him how it was presented. To be honest, (Y/N) didn't have much confidence in Hagrid's ability. He saw how the giant man was, and he doesn't do well under pressure.

It wasn't until later in the day when he and Hermione arrived back at the Common Room and saw people hovering around the Notice Board, "Hogsmeade Weekend... this coming weekend..." he trailed off, remembering what Dumbledore had told him, and he had yet to hear from him.

"I hope you get to go," Hermione said, her voice quiet to where only he could hear her.

"I do too... I don't want to rely on you for Honeydukes sweets all the time," he smirked at her and she shook her head, but also smiled.