Eye for an Eye

(A/N) Adding this in just before I upload this, but it's going up a day early because last night fucking sucked for work. Stressed to the highest of heavens, and I wanna blow my brains out :D but I figured if my day is stressed, maybe I can make yours less so, or if it's not, then maybe I can make it a bit more fun XD Enjoy :)

Hermione awoke some time in the middle of the night, a feeling of something not right. She pushed back her curtains on her bed and looked around at her dorm-mates; they all had their curtains drawn, so she figured they must still be asleep. She grabbed her wand and whispered, "Lumos," and a light shined from the tip of her wand.

She swung her feet out from under the covers and stood up, her nightgown flowing down to her ankles. She exited her dorm and descended upon the Common Room. It was eerily quiet to the point of being unsettling. "Hello?" She called out, but as expected, got no response.

She walked into the Common Rooms center and felt her feet step in something. She looked down, her wand lighting the floor, and she recognized it to be droplets of blood; there was a trail of it leading towards the exit. She knew she shouldn't be out at night, but her curiosity overpowered her rational thought.

She walked towards the portrait hole and walked out. As the portrait closed, she turned to see the Fat Lady gone, "Great..." she ventured forth, having no real option now, other than to wait, but she wasn't going to do that. She held her wand low so she could see the blood trail she was following. It wasn't spattered all over the floor, though, it was sparse and you had to really be looking for it to follow.

She didn't know how long she'd been walking for when the trail just seemed to disappear. She looked around for any obvious signs of a hidden wall or something, but a quick check proved there wasn't one. She sighed and turned to see a silhouetted figure about thirty meters away. Even with her wand light, she couldn't make out who it was.

"Hello?" She called out again, not finding it very funny, "Who are you?" She began walking forward to get a better look at the hidden figure's face. When their face came into light, she almost dropped her wand at the sight. The face was cut to ribbons, but she still recognized who it was, "(Y/N)?"

He spoke in barely a whisper, she had to strain to hear him, "Run-" his head suddenly rolled backwards off his body and his body fell to the knees and eventually the floor to her left.

Hermione let out a blood chilling scream and now in front of her was a masked person, holding a bloody kitchen knife. Hermione's first instinct was to run; if this person killed (Y/N), she had no chance against them. She ran through the corridor and stopped to turn and look at her pursuer; he was walking slowly after her. The soulless look in the blank eyes was spine rattling.

In desperation, Hermione casted Incendio at him, but when he caught fire, he continued unfazed. All it did was burn the mask and his clothing a bit. She turned and continued to run from him.

She didn't know how long she had run for, but exhaustion was starting to set in. She slowed some and panted painfully; her lungs felt like they were on fire. She glanced around and decided to hide in a classroom. She carefully opened and closed the door quietly when she didn't see her pursuer anywhere. She hoped that he lost her. She found herself in the Arithmancy Classroom and she hid herself under Professor Vector's desk. "Nox," she whispered, extinguishing the light from her wand.

She did it too late, though, as the door to the classroom opened a moment later. She should've put the light out before walking into the classroom, but now she was trapped with a murder, and he brushed off magic like it was nothing.