"Where are the kids?" Ms. April inquired, Miles and I exchanged knowing looks as I tried to communicate with my eyes that he needs to shut the hell up.

"They don't know."

This nigga. All he had to do was say nothing.

A look of hurt briefly flashed through her eyes but she quickly recovered, clearing her throat. "It's okay... You did the right thing, it's best that they don't know. They shouldn't see me like this."

But she wants to see them. We both know that, she loves those little munchkins.

"How have you all been holding up? I hope you weren't too worried."

"Lennox freaked." Christian snickered causing me to roll my eyes.

"Miles freaked too, what's your point?"

"Leave Len alone, y'all know better." She gave them a look that said you know what she went through. "I get why it might've been hard for her."

I glanced down at my shoes awkwardly not exactly sure how to respond to her statement. Luckily I didn't have to, the sound of Knox's cries were echoing down the hall and Ayah appeared with him in the doorway a few seconds later.

Poor Stink.

"He's been like this for nearly twenty minutes. Brandt can't get him to calm down." Ayah looked just as red in the face as Knox did. "He thinks the baby doesn't like him anymore."

"He's okay." I reassured, taking the infant from her arms. "Tell Brandt he didn't do anything wrong, Knox still loves him. He's just cranky. He didn't sleep enough last night." I glanced down at the child who had now buried his tear stained face in the crook of my neck.

I tried to tell him to go to sleep, but no. He was insistent of staying awake and finishing the two hour episode of the Bachelorette. A mess. Once I realized Knox was actually watching though show albeit understanding nothing, I did turn the television off in hopes of forcing him back to sleep. It did not work. This is what he gets for trying to act grown.. He definitely won't be allowed to stay up past his bedtime anymore.

He needs to go back to bed, but he's not going to fall asleep in here either. His nosy little butt is already looking all around the room as if he's trying to decipher the conversation taking place. He's going to be way too distracted to actually fall asleep. He gets FOMO. Especially around unfamiliar faces, and while he knows The Williams he doesn't see them on the daily basis the same way he sees Brandt, Beckham, Jayce and myself. They're far more interesting to him than us.

"You should take him." I looked to Beckham, "He's far too interested in everything going on to settle down."

He nodded his head taking Knox from my arms. "Come on buddy, let's get a bottle and put you down for a nap."

"Sooo... What happened to Lennox's parents?" Christian questioned far too nonchalantly upon Beckham's departure.

"Christian!" Ms. April snapped staring at him as if he had two heads.

"What? You never told us..."

That's because she doesn't know. When I met Ms. April it was right after my parents had passed. I wasn't ready to talk about it and she didn't press me for details. She was far more concerned with the fact that I was a young woman in need, practically a child myself and had just been thrust into the role of single parent.

"They were murdered."

"Awe shit." Christian smacked his lips together obviously regretting asking the question to begin with, the reaction still earned him a slap on the back of the head from Miles. It wasn't purposefully insensitive but still not the proper response to that statement.