Chapter One

Good morning, good afternoon, good whatever the time of the day it is.

Or rather, hi. Because it is definitely not a 'good' anything.

I would introduce myself, but you'll probably be hearing my name in a few minutes. A few seconds actually.

In approximately 3, 2, 1...

"Cassandra Knight, Lucas West please report to the principal's office." The speakers of the classroom vibrated with the exhausted voice of our school head office secretary.

Yup.

There it is.

Nice to meet you, I'm Cassandra Noemi Knight. I know what you're thinking. Am I in trouble? Yes. But am I a delinquent? No. Now some would disagree with this statement.

My principal, Mrs. Carmichael, for example. I'm in her office for a grand total of 2 hours minimum, per week. In her eyes, I'm a delinquent. And I understand how she sees that. Kind of. But we've cultivated quite the friendship where she pretends to be disappointed in me, I plead my case, then she lets me go because I'm one of the smartest kids in this school. Oh, and on good days, when I get in trouble during my free period, we play Jenga.

You see, I'm not a bad kid. I just happen to be temperamentally challenged. Especially when it comes to the 6ft idiot standing next to me.

Lucas Kieran West. Captain and Goalie of the football team, Leader of the Chess Club, and Vice President of the Student council. This asshole with a thousand leadership titles is heading towards a lovely punishment with me.

How exciting! Not.

Blessed with height, lean muscle, naturally dirty blonde hair, green eyes and high cheekbones, Lucas is the most popular boy in school. To top off the looks, he also happened to be originally British. The accent had faded, but it hadn't worn off, even after nine years in America. With his high grades, an affinity for sports and a supposedly 'nice' personality, he's known as the Golden boy of Blackstone High. The 'King', you could say. He also happens to be my ex-best friend. Oh, and my ex-boyfriend. Can't forget that.

I'll let you in on a secret, folks.

I hate him.

Now, with everything I've told you about Mr. West being perfect and all, you'll probably assume I'm the one in the wrong.

I'll tell you right now, I'm not.

You're going to be in Mrs. Carmichael's office with me a lot, so I might as well tell you what happened this time. I was in history class, minding my own business the way I always do, listening to Mr. Jennell's lecture. Then Mr. West here decided today would be a good day to bother me. I ignored him most of the lesson, until he took my pencil and I snatched it back. Next thing I know, he's tickling me and I'm writhing in my seat like a damn rat. Long story short, I scratched him by accident, our teacher kicked us out for disturbing class, blah blah blah, the details are not very necessary. Do you see the problem yet?

Ding, ding ding!

The problem is Lucas West.

I guessed that this was all a ploy to get me in trouble as soon as he opened his mouth. Yes, I still fell for it. So here we are now.

Logically, it is Mr. Jennell's fault I'm on my way to the principal's office. In my world though, it's Lucas's fault. It's always his fault. It's never not his fault. He is the root of all sin, all evil, and all trouble. And if Mrs. Carmichael asks, that's exactly what I'll say.

"Miss Knight, Mr. West, you already know where to go." the secretary said as we waltzed into the head office.

"Yes Miss Thompson, thank you. Your hair looks especially amazing today!" I smile.

Last Player StandingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara