Chapter 3

WARNING: (EDITING) UNDER MAJOR REVISION

WARNING: (EDITING) UNDER MAJOR REVISION. EXPECT GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, TYPOS AND WHATNOT.

He tried to be friendly with his new partner, he just can't help but feel uncomfortable in front of her.

He is not good at talking to a woman, in fact, he is not good at talking to anyone at all. He prefers being alone most of the time, the only partner he ever has was a guy that suddenly disappeared after he gave his resignation letter.

They are not close but they have a decent relationship as partners and now this new partner of his, she is definitely a challenge for him.

It is only their first day as partners, maybe their relationship will get better.....well..their work relationship.

When the next day came, he immediately calls his partner to make sure she is already awake when drives to her home to pick her up.

He doesn't have a problem with this routine, he used to do this with his former partner, he enjoys driving more than being in his house alone, unlike what people speculated about him he actually hates being alone.

He dreams of having a family of his own, he wants to have a loving wife and adorable children running around the house. But those dream seems too far-fetched. He used to have a girlfriend but they eventually broke, mainly because of his job. He can't blame her, he is too busy.

He knocked at the door of Bernardo's house, she is smiling when she opened the door, although it is obvious that she didn't get a good night's sleep. Probably thinking about the case. He thought.

"Let's go, " Bernardo says as she fixes her hair and puts it in a bun.

"Let's have breakfast first, " he suggested.

Just like yesterday, the drive was silent. No one wanted to speak up, both of them are afraid of another argument or just any misunderstanding.

It's the same during breakfast, Sanchez brought her to another diner, they didn't speak. But Bernardo remembers the most amazing toast she ever tasted. She takes note of that diner, she will make sure to come back.

After the hearty meal, they went to the station to start working on the case. The headache eventually follows and a heated argument started between them.

Sanchez wants to do his things, while Bernardo wants to suggest something.

"You look like a married couple, " Dr. Fernandez said when she went to their office, she can't help but laugh while watching them.

"There are a lot of other officers here, try to keep quiet, " their captain reminded them.

Everyone can hear their argument, others love, just like a soap opera they enjoy listening and watching them, but most of them probably hated to hear their voices, it is the station, after all, a lot of officers are working on different cases.