CHAPTER 26A

This is long overdue.  Once again I apologize.  Part B will be out tomorrow for sure.  I see most people feel the same way about last chapter... Let's see how you all take this one.  Comment and keep reading!  Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard did not say one word over the duration of the car ride home with Alfred.  He was quiet.  He was calm.  When they arrived at the manor, he followed Alfred, walking through the front door, his arms loosely hanging at his side.  He bit his lip trying to avoid a sudden shift in his demeanor.  But the second he passed the study everything changed.

He ran in the room stopping before the wall in which Wally's portrait hung.  He stared at it in disbelief for a few seconds, his fists clenching as he was beginning to lose it.  He was trying so hard, but all efforts failed.  He reached for the painting, throwing it to the floor, watching as the frame spit into.  He punched the canvas, leaving a giant hole in the center of Wally's face.

He ripped the canvas apart, throwing pieces of the artwork in every direction.  He collapsed to the floor, continuing to obliterate the painting, not caring that he was next to the fire which was growing in the fire pit.  Sure it was hot, and he couldn't handle the extreme heat that was radiating towards him, but he didn't care.  He had just suffered thirty minutes in the coldest environment ever.  Wherever Wally was. 

He pulled up his sleeves taking one side of the frame and snapping it in half.  He then chucked another side across the room, as he began to feel weak from the major exertion of energy.  He was frustrated that he couldn't fight anymore, and his punches were completely useless.  He threw more pieces across the room when Bruce rushed in, curious as to all the noise.  

He stopped a few feet after the doorway shocked to find Richard on the floor, tearing apart the portrait he had made for him.  Richard finally acknowledged his presence, and looked up at the older man.  His hair was lifeless, flopping down onto his forehead, eyes an aggravated red, as a few tears trickled down his colorless checks.        

"What are you doing?"   Bruce wondered aloud, scared as he eyed Richard.  The teen turned his head to the side, disappointed that he even asked.  "I'll give you three guesses."  He said in a semi-threatening tone.  Bruce looked to the side, trying to stay as calm as possible.  "I don't want to guess..."  He responded, sounding defeated.  Richard just shook his head as his disappointment grew.  "No it's not that you don't want to guess... It's simply that you don't have to..."  Richard said angrily.  He folded his arms waiting.  "I know you know, so admit it...  Don't make me..."  He wiped his cheek with the back of his hand and stood up, throwing another piece across the room.  "DON'T MAKE ME!"  He repeated, looking like he was ready to fight.  Bruce just stood his ground, a confused look plastered across his face. 

"Richard I don't-"  The teen brought his hands to his face in aggravation, pressing down on his eyes to then throw them up in the air.  "HE IS STILL ALIVE!  HE IS STILL ALIVE BRUCE!"  He then turned and faced the wall, his voice still filled with rage.  "This wall isn't meant for people that are still breathing!  This spot should be saved for the next person that leaves us!  Not some fraud!"  Bruce made his way towards Richard, shaking his head as if he didn't believe anything Richard was saying. 

"As much as I want to believe this is the truth, we both know that it isn't.  Your trying to mend something that can't be fixed."  A devious yet frustrated smirk appeared on Richard's face.  "And you aren't..."  He snarled.  Bruce acted as though Richard didn't say anything.  "Come here.  We'll get through this."  Richard took several steps back.  "DON'T TOUCH ME!  Don't you come any fucking closer."  He yelled.  Bruce kept his tone calm and collected.  "Richard Wally isn't alive.  Your mind is deceiving you because you miss him!"  Richard rolled his eyes.  "Congrats.  You've won actor of the year.  So you can STOP!  I already know because he told me!"  Bruce chuckled.  "Who... the voice in your head?"  Richard suddenly became offended and somehow, even more angered. 

"GIVE IT UP!  I have more than enough evidence to prove this correct so STOP FUCKING PLAYING AROUND!   Admit that you did this.  Now say it."  Bruce kept quiet.  "SAY IT!"  Richard screamed.  A look of guilt washed over Bruce's previous expression.  And that look, it confirmed everything.  Richard began to speak again, his first sentence soft.  "What?  You think because we're 'close' now that you can get away with this?  Because if so YOU'RE WRONG!  You only got close to me to make sure I wouldn't find out!"  He looked over to the table, where the Wayne Enterprise file sat.  He reached for it, holding it up in the air. 

"And then you expect me to uphold this shit?"  He waved it around.  "Richard I-"  He wasn't going to let him finish.  " NO BRUCE!  YOU LIED TO ME!  After I gained back the trust you still fucking lied.  I DON'T want to work for a liar!"  He then tossed the papers in the fire, watching them burn.  Bruce took several deep breaths.  "I was trying to protect yo-"  Richard interrupted again.  "PROTECT YOURSELF!  You need it more than I do... I'm used to being hurt."  His words were harsh, but true.  And that, caused Bruce to pull out the only card he had left.  "I'm sorry son."  Richard's face became red with anger.  Bruce could hear him breathing heavily.  "DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING CALL ME THAT!  DO YOU UNDERSTAND?  YOU'RE MANY THINGS, BUT YOU'RE NOT MY FATHER!"  He stormed off as fast as he could, coughing on his way out. 

He tried to run up the stairs but he was exerting too much energy.  He opened the door and then collapsed.  "Alfred!"  He wheezed.  "You... you got to help me."  It was hard to understand, for his coughs dominated most of the sentence.  A few moments later, Alfred arrived by his side helping him up.  He walked him over to him bed.  "You need to sleep master Richard."  He said quietly.  "I don't know if you heard any of that-"  Alfred cut him off.  "All of it."  Richard shook his head.  "I... I can't stay here.  I need to leave for a few days to process everything.  You understand don't you?"  The older man have him a firm nod.  "I shall pack your bags."  Richard smiled.  "Quickly though.  I want to leave tonight."  He gasped.  "And where exactly are we headed?"  A small smile formed on Richard's face.  "I think it' time I paid Uncle Clark a visit."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good?  Bad?  I don't even know anymore...

Comment down below your thoughts:)

Thanks Again!