Weighing Grudges 004

Start from the beginning

I was very lacking in self esteem, he turns his head back, looking through the open bathroom door, and stepping past. Quickly rushing to the living room, arms on the couch. He really looks at the TV, interest filling up his dejected eyes like a good omen of more to come. Crimson Riot's, a well known pro hero, body is on the screen, moving, striving, and working for some type of victory against a villain. That was my inspiration to being a hero, him. Crimson Riot.

I would have loved to be him, he was so... cool! Manly, and interesting. The opposite of vague. Hairy stares down on the couch, pursing his lips, before his eyes light up once more to face the TV. He swings himself over the couch, and leans in to really watch the fight, cheering Crimson Riot on from the comfort of a couch. Away from the battle where nothing he could do would deter any events of the situation, an objective distance. The opposite of me.

It closes off, and there's a Hairy excitedly raving to a uninterested person, who must have been the closest thing he had to a friend back then, 'I just really! Really! Want to be a hero! Crimson Riot makes me want to be a hero, you know... he's so... manly.'

'Uh-huh,' they tiredly chime, as though hoping it would get Hairy to shut up, he doesn't. Only keeps on going.

'Did- did you see the fight last night?' There's a twinkle in Hairy's eyes that spreads to his mouth, 'it was awesome!'

'Uh-huh.'

'Yeah! He just went—' yeah, I was a total fanboy. I thought Crimson Riot was even cooler than well... All Might! I mean, All Might's real good and everything, saving people and donating all of his money to charity but damn Crimson Riot is so slick!

I never thought I had it on me to become a hero though, in a street, clear as day, Hairy is struck with an unrelenting amount of fear. A villain, prowling through so openly, and harassing a crowd of girls... hey, is that Pinky? She's one of em? Holy fuck. A breath gets caught in Shitty Hair's throat, and Katsuki hears the rough thumping of a panicking heart bleat around the room. He didn't know the videos picked up on heart beats... Well, the man's terrifying, and so fucking huge. He says something about a hero agency, and an undeterred Pinky gives directions in what looks like ease.

The man thanks her, and moves on, switching paths and headed straight for whatever unfortunate agency has to deal with him. Katsuki isn't sure that was a villain, maybe just a meta quirk. Katsuki doesn't care enough to linger on it. But the second that man's out of view, Pinky practically cripples, her friends rushing to her sides and slathering her in so much comfort they look like they're soaking into each other.

Then Shitty Hair, gaping, mesmerized, and star eyed. Until it turns to such a self deprecating look, I realized, that even a simple... person like her, could stand a villain. Whereas I somehow wanted to be a hero.

Her name was Mina Ashido. An argument between two boys, screaming and hollering, a fist gets pulled out, and the situation is this close to souring. Shitty Hair watches, contemplating whether he should go in or not when Pinky struts between them. Looking like she owns not just the place, but everybody within it. All she does is chat, and one of them crack a smile. They're all smiling soon. Like idiots. Then a hand raises—

Like a balled up fist, and it's Pinky's. Shitty Hair's heart strums atonally, but she brings that hand high up, and twirls so fast she's a blur. Katsuki half expects her to launch a kick, but it never comes. She twirls, and dances. And the boys are laughing so hard now, holding their stomachs and gasping for air. One joins, and all of a sudden, they're all fucking dancing.