Chapter-18

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- The following content is sensitive and might trigger badly. If you feel uncomfortable, please feel free to leave but do not bash later.

Loooonnnggeessttt chhhaapptteerrrrr ahead. But it is worth reading.

Enjoy reading!

One week later,

One week later,

"Hello," I whisper as Siddharth lifts the call. He sucks a sharp breath listening to my voice.

"Priya, why weren't you lifting my calls for a week? What happened? Why did you run away from the restaurant the other day?" He asks in a cracked voice and his harsh breaths echo in the background

I shut my eyes remembering that day. "I'm sorry, Siddharth. I just caught up with work and was a little disturbed. And about the restaurant day, I'll just pass the question. I am not comfortable explaining it to you. How are you?" I ask him, changing channels on the television.

He heaves a relieved sigh. "After a week, I am fine, Priya. I was waiting for you to respond to my calls," he whispers in a low tone. I smile. As if something stuck in his head, he asks suddenly, "You are safe, right?"

I frown. "Yes, I am, Siddharth. Why do you ask?"

"Just like that. I'm busy with the deals here, Priya. I will be back in a few days, Priya," he says. I hum and look at the television.

"I don't think I can crack this deal. I worked for this for a decade, Priya. I wish you were here with me," he mumbles, tired.

"Siddharth," I say softly, hoping my trust in him will make him confident. "I believe in you. You will crack this deal. Don't let negative vibes pull your confidence down. And..." I trail off smiling. "I want you to come home with a big smile and tell me about your success, will you, Siddharth?"

"For you," he mutters, making my heart scutter. I close my eyes hearing his relieved breath.

"Priya," he whispers, slowly, dragging every letter, making butterflies erupt in my stomach. I bit my lips, smiling."Piya."

"Tell me," I mumble tucking the hair strands behind my ear. Siya smiles at me and crawls into my lap snuggling her face in my chest.

"I need to talk about something important with you. If you don't mind, shall we go somewhere when I come back?" He asks, hesitantly. "A beach at night maybe?"

My head drops into a pool of thoughts. Where this is going? Is the wait over? Will he stand on his words? Am I ready for another heartbreak after my dreadful past?

"Mumma, look at the telly. Siddharth is there with some girl," Siya squeals making me look at the television.

It is the news about Siddharth who will get engaged a month away from today and marriage after 15 from engagement day. To Shanaya Nandha. There are pics of her and Siddharth in Paris. They both were kissing each other, walking hand in hand, sitting in a restaurant looking at each other with the utmost adoration.