welcome to twitch

"Can you stream your next valorant game and become a famous streamer? I'm getting tired of not dating Tommy." My sassy sister threw herself down on my bed with a huff, and I laughed.

"I mean, I can, but I don't think many people would watch me." I offered, and her face lit up.

"They will! I'll make sure all my friends follow you and watch the stream. Start it now." She demanded, and I laughed again.

"Okay, your highness. My twitch is y/t/n, if they dont watch my stream I'm not doing it." I decided, and she nodded eagerly before flying out of the room. I looked back at the teammate I had been spectating just in time to see them die.

It wasn't hard to begin my stream, though I definitely didn't feel like using a face cam right now. I coughed before clicking start, and laughed a little awkward as I resumed playing valorant.

"Okay, uh, I guess this is just me playing valorant. I'm in silver two right now, but I might make it to three this stream." I explained nervously, and I glanced at my other monitor to see my sister commenting encouragement.

"Remy, this one's for you." I said confidently, shrieking almost instantly when I got hit with a headshot that killed me.

"Um, nevermind." I saw my sisters comment 'LMFAO', and I snickered.

"It's okay, I'll totally get a kill soon. Maybe."

It actually took me three more rounds to get a kill, which resulted in my sisters friends blowing the chat up. It seemed that their encouragement was all I really needed, and the rest of the games flew by relatively quickly.

It wasn't until I glanced outside to a dark sky then I realised the time.

"I'm one game off of gold, but I think I'll call it there. Thanks for watching my first stream, everyone!" I turned the stream off and sighed, staring at the twitch analytics page that had just opened up for me.

I gasped loudly when I saw the peak viewer count had been 107, and that I had 20 followers as of current. My sister flew into the room with a grin.

"Did you have fun?" She asked, and I shrugged.

"It was fun when you all kept talking in chat. I didn't even know you had three friends, let alone a hundred." She cackled gleefully.

"I only have like fifteen friends, and like ten of them were watching. Honestly no clue why anyone else watched you, you're kind of weird." She admitted, and I scowled before realising that people had genuinely watched my stream for fun.

"I'm one stream closer to dating Tommyinnit, thank you sister dearest." Remy patted my head as she left the room, and I shook my head.

The twitch page stayed open, and I hesitantly viewed my profile.

Embarrassingly, I was up half the night decorating my twitch page. Not that I would ever admit it to her, but my sister might have been on to something with this whole twitch thing.

I saw that my sisters favourite streamer was live, but there was no way I was going to watch a minecraft stream.

Not willingly, at least.