chapter 21

Chinyere threw a big bag at the door and ran back to her former position before the door opened.
Wellington peered inside "what's going on?" He asked Michelle.
"Nothing" Michelle replied sharply.
He paused at the door before coming in to press her throat "who gave you so much confidence huh?"
"I... I... I can't breathe" Michelle choked while holding his wrist tightly.
"Shut up!" He bellowed.
Skyler was hovering behind him, trying to smash the flower pot on his head while Michelle was trying to distract Wellington.
Skyler crashed the flower pot on Wellington's head but he did not faint. Instead,he slowly cracked his neck to loosen the muscles and turned around swiftly to hold Skyler's neck and ram his back against the wall roughly.
"You wanted to kill me?" Wellington smiled dangerously.
Skyler shook his head fervently.
"So you're dangerous teenagers huh " he laughed dangerously and this time,he kicked Skyler in his stomach. Skyler groaned and Michelle flinched.
Wellington was about to hit Skyler again when blood spurted out of his arm. He turned around in surprise to see Chinyere pointing a pillow at him.
She had silenced the gun with a pillow and shot his arm.
"You have a gun?" He asked in surprise.
"Shut up" Chinyere hissed and signalled to Ruby.
Immediately, something heavy came crashing down Wellington's head. He was surprised for a split second but he came crashing down and in no time,he lost consciousness.
They all dragged him into the closet and began looking for ways to escape.

★★★ ★★★ ★★★

"Where is my daughter?!" Fola thundered.
"I... Um.. she.. she's coming back" Maureen said fearfully.
"Coming back? From where?"
"A.. a.. a friend's" Maureen replied without looking at him.
"Maureen, what has happened to my daughter! I knew something was up when she wouldn't pick her calls and you'd always tell me that she's having a nap or doing some silly homework"
Maureen sat on a chair and covered her face in her palms before she started sobbing profusely.
Fola looked at her without any pity and demanded for his daughter again.
Maureen's sobs became louder and irritating. "I don't know!" She wailed.
"What do you mean by that? You don't know where Michelle is? Have you gone crazy?"
"Yes... I am a crazy and wicked mother. Fola I'm so sorry" Maureen cried.
"Just tell me where she is"
Maureen nodded and explained everything she knew of to him. How a girl had come to the house to borrow books,how Michelle had gone out in anger and how Maria had come to look for Michelle, thereby arousing her fears.
Fola shook his head and paced the sitting room immediately she was done. "You've gone far Maureen" he said quietly "way too far"
Maureen immediately went on her knees and started begging him. "Please Fola. Please, I'll help in looking for her. I beg you"
"You couldn't even call me to tell me that my daughter is missing? It's best if you leave now Maureen. I can't stay under the same roof with a very wicked soul"
Maureen wailed again as fola walked angrily to the door, opened it,walked outside and slammed it shut with force.

★★★ ★★★ ★★★

Omar paced the corridor of the clinic and paused briefly to wipe a tear from his face.
Now,he's really in trouble. A girl is dying in his hands,under his roof, right under his nose. He should not have come up with the mad scheme to elope. He should not have promised to take care of her. Dear father! What had he done?!
The doctor came in and Omar ran to meet him.
"How's she sir?" Omar asked in confusion as the doctor walked past him.
"Follow me to my office immediately young man" the doctor said, still walking.
Omar obliged and the moment they got into the office,the doctor faced him with rage.
"Why would you try to abort a teenager's pregnancy?"
"I didn't do anything sir. I didn't even know she had that kind of drug" Omar defended himself.
"That aside. Why do you two live together?" The doctor asked
Omar was shocked. How did the doctor know?!
"We don't live together" he lied.
"She came out of coma and she told me what happened. Though,she wouldn't tell me who made her take the pills or who she got it from" the doctor replied.
"She might not have known what she was saying doc. We don't live together" Omar said.
"Well,a neighbor of yours came here with the police. She said that she had always seen you two together and wondered how you were allowed to live alone. She heard the girl's screams and that was when she followed you before bringing the police. Well, you're in for questions" the doctor shook his head sadly "I wonder what this young generation is turning into"
"Doctor please, don't let me face the police. I did not do anything to pat. Please believe me! I just heard her scream and I brought her here" Omar's mind raced in panic. He was really in big trouble!
"I want to ask you a question" the doctor said.
"Anything sir. As long as you're not the police" Omar answered in fright.
"How did you get money to rent an apartment? I mean, you're probably eighteen"
"My father is rich" Omar said quietly.
"Did you steal?" The doctor leaned forward.
"No! I'm always given all the money I don't need,So I just keep them in my bank account"
The doctor nodded and started advising him for more than thirty minutes before telling him that he was free to go.
"Please sir,is the baby gone?" Omar asked.
"No"
"Thank you sir" Omar smiled and walked away.
He would take care of that child no matter what, because the child was his. Patricia had just made him very harsh because of her toxicity but that does not stop him from anticipating his little replica.
Maybe, just maybe,he would tell his father to send them both abroad and they would live happily ever after.
For now,let him just wallow in his fanciful fairytale, it's enough.

So guys, this book is almost complete 😌
Thank y'all for your support.
And please, don't forget to hit the 🌟 button ❤️