Chapter 10

As Michelle walked into the classroom on Monday, Maria was already waiting for her on the desk. Immediately Maria saw Michelle, she ran to her and took her hand.
"Michelle,come on let's go. You need to explain yourself to the witch." (In chapter one, the principal was referred to as the witch)
Maria pulled her towards the door.
"Woah, hold on..."Michele made her halt. "... Is this about your party? What did I..."
"Michelle, we don't have the time. Let's go to the witch's office before Chinyere fills her in with more lies."
"What happened?"Michelle was afraid.
"Chinyere made quite a show this morning. She accused you of bringing something illegal to the school. She said she saw you put something in your locker and confronted you about it. She said you acted all suspicious,So they are going to search your locker"
Michelle relaxed "don't fret Marie, let them check. I have nothing to hide"
"Don't you know Chinyere?! She's evil and v..."
"Miss McDonald!"a sharp pitchy voice called. They turned to see their furious principal holding a sachet.
"Seems like they found something"Maria whispered.
"Principal Rose" Michelle gave a fake smile.
"We are going to my office immediately!"principal Rose spat and urged  Michelle forward. The moment she shut the door behind them, she faced Michelle.
"Explain this" she hissed holding the sachet in front of her face.
"What's that?"Michelle was confused.
"It's weed! Marijuana! You smoke! You little brat!" Principal Rose was extremely angry.
"No!"Michelle Cried "I don't smoke! How did that get to my name?"
"Your name? Do you have a name?"principal Rose sneered and leaned forward. "I've always thought you to be a snitch little brat and you just proved me right"
"Excuse me ma'am!"Michelle was stupefied.
"Excuse you!"the principal retorted and Michele flinched.
"Now..." The principal opened a logbook and flipped through the pages. ".... Rule number 14 states that..."
"... Any form of illegality will be put to extinct and the offender shall be severely punished"Michelle cut in.
Principal Rose glared at her "don't you dare interrupt me, ever in your life! It's rude"
"I'm sorry ma'am" she looked at her feet.
"Now... You've offended the school and..."
"... I didn't offend anyone! I don't even know what you're talking about" Michelle cried.
"I told you not to interrupt me, you ill-mannered curmudgeon. You hid marijuana in your locker! There is no need to defend yourself with lies. I found out about this from a very obedient and distinguished student" principal Rose smirked.
"Chinyere?" Michelle scoffed.
"And what do you mean by that young lady?" The principal narrowed her eyes.
"I didn't do anything! You have no proof! Chinyere is trying to spite me because she doesn't like me. I'm sure she did this, I didn't do anything. Please investigate the matter"Michelle pleaded.
"No need for investigation Mich"the principal said smugly. Michelle couldn't believe that her principal of all people called her Mich.
Principal Rose rattled on "Mary Ann and Nora testified to it. They saw you put this same sachet in your locker, they saw Chinyere confront you and they saw you threaten poor Chinyere. Poor,poor obedient Chinyere"
Michelle didn't know whether to laugh or cry. What an irony! She thought.
"Principal Rose, I didn't keep any sachet in my locker. Mary Ann and Nora are lying"
"Oh? Ruby and Skyler are lying too then?" She raised her brow in disbelief.
"Yes" Michelle was now very angry "I challenge you madam to investigate this case as if I were your own daughter. What would you have done if I were her?would you accuse me without asking for my own side of the story? No ma'am, you'd know instantly that it's a setup" Michelle swallowed as she watched principal Rose's expression grow from anger to rage.
"Enough! You are expelled from Bellgrande high. Pack your filthy things and leave at once!"
"Really?!" Michelle shouted "you can't just expel me! I did nothing wrong and you know it. I can see that it's a planned work. And a good work I must say. But let me tell you Mrs Rose Daniels, there's no such thing as a perfect crime"
"You bastard daughter of a thousands! Get out! Now!" But Michelle was already out of the office, banging the door close as hard as she could and running to her class with a blurry vision as tears threatened to spill out.