chapter 9

This is going to be an extremely short chapter guys, imma make it up to you...

"I don't know, perhaps watch"Patricia answered instead.
"Tricia, we can't just watch"Omar said and Patricia shrugged, making Michelle suspicious.
"The announcement of the results will show who wins. It's not my say" senator Akachi was saying.
"How do you feel about all this sir?"a black-lipped female reporter asked.
"Even though senator Amaechi is my opponent, I know him well enough to say that he isn't to blame entirely for all this. He travels a lot and leaves his dear daughter alone.so I think when she gets bored, she throws wild parties and the sort. I can say that unfortunately, senator Amaechi has no control over his daughter"
"Does that imply that senator Amaechi is weak? I mean, if he can't control his daughter, then how can he control the people,his subjects? What do you think sir?" The reporter asked and senator Akachi hid a smile. "Forgive me, but I've had enough questions for one night. I don't think his wild and reckless daughter will come between his personal and political life as she'll be always busy getting drunk" senator Akachi watched the surprise on the reporters' faces. He could already see the headlines of tomorrow's news.
Senator Amaechi,a weakling? is he capable? 
He almost jumped for joy at the thought as he walked past Maria's expressionless parents to his car.
***
The party ended so bad, with Maria embarrassing her parents with drunken words, Paul throwing up in the master bedroom (which was supposed to be out of bounds) and Michelle being kicked out by Maria because she tried to help her up the stairs.
As Michelle walked out of the estate, a black car pulled up in front of her. Patricia stock out her head "yo, need a ride?"Michelle still didn't trust them but she hopped in anyways.
"Thanks"she muttered nervously as Omar continued driving. None of them spoke until omar pulled up in front of the house.
"How do you know I live here?"she was now very frightened.
"For god sake Michelle, you are not invincible. I've seen you here severally. My aunt stays next door" Patricia said.
"Your aunt is aunt Jemima?" Michelle was a bit surprised because she and Aunt Jemima were almost like sisters.
"Yes"Patricia replied impatiently.
Oh, that explains Patricia's sudden change of heart.
"Goodnight Michelle, I'm afraid we have to get going now, this is almost 11"Omar said, stealing a glance at Patricia who looked away shyly.
Wait! Patricia, shy? Hmm... What could be going on between these two?
She kept her questions to herself as she got out of the car after saying goodbye. She made for the porch and looked back in time, to see Patricia hug Omar.

So guys, end of Maria's boring party. We are going back to Bellgrande in the next chapters.
Xoxo ❤️😊