Chapter 3

Hermione's house and backyard

A few days later, Draco was proud to say that he had been successful with staying away from Granger

A few days later, Draco was proud to say that he had been successful with staying away from Granger...until this moment when he was called into court for an emergency hearing. He wasn't going to be able to pick up Scorpius up. He called his parents but they didn't answer, he remembered they were on their third honeymoon. He tried Blaise but it went straight to voicemail, he didn't even bother with Pansy knowing she was in Italy working on her fashion line. He basically had no one to watch his kid...until a thought hit him and he groaned. It was going to have to be her. He got her phone number from Katie Zabini (nee Bell) He sat back in his office chair and made the call.

"Hello?"

"Granger, it's Malfoy" he said. "Look, I hate to ask you this but I have court in a few minutes so I can't pick up Scorpius from school, would you be able to watch him for a bit till I'm done."

"Sure, I will take him to my house." She said.

"Thanks Granger" he said before she gave him her address.

"Mr. Malfoy, it's time" Lisa Johnson, his secretary said in the doorway of his office. Draco held up one finger to signal he'll be there in a minute.

"Scorpius isn't a really picky and he isn't allergic to anything." 

"Good to know" she said.

"I have to go but I'll see you later." 

"See you later" she said before hanging up. Draco sighed and grabbed his briefcase before standing and leaving the office.